Chapter 2: The Bronx

Bronx, New York

"I'm tired of this shit with you Des just get your stupid ass out my face" Shayla's Houston accent started to come out. Desmond just did what he always did and stared at the ground to avoid seeing Shayla cry and getting a slap to the face.

"Shayla can you please stop, I didn't do this on purpose you always overreacting" Des voice was an octave higher than usual indicating that he was lying.

" I'M OVERREACTING? SO YOU TELLING ME THAT YOUR STUPID ASS TRIPPED AND SLIPPED YOUR TONGUE IN HER VAGINA?" Shayla was pissed now. She had the attention of every student at DeWitt Clinton High School that was standing in the middle of the hall.

Desmond looked around at all the glancing faces then back at Shayla. "You making a fucking scene again. You not gone do shit but take me back. Stop making a fucking-" He was interrupted as his head shot to the left after the raising of Shayla's hand again. His face stung from the vicious slap but he caught her wrist in time before she could connect with his face for a second time.

They glared at each other for a long while as the tension between them grew. Their trance was broken by La'Mecca, the girl that Des cheated on Shayla with. La'Mecca noticed the altercation and took the opportunity to just press Shayla's button. They hadn't got along since grade school and neither ever tried to resolve the issue.

Des was the first to look up as La'Mecca waltzed over to them putting a little extra sway in her hips. "Trouble in paradise?" She slanted her eyes towards Shayla and briefly stopped as she turned her head to make eye contact with Desmond, then winked.

La'Mecca chuckled loudly before attempting to walk away. As La'Mecca turned on her heel to strut away she was snatched abruptly by the ends of her hair extensions and yanked back with so much force it cause one of La'Meccas' tracks to slip.

Mecca yelled and threw her hands up behind her to grip Shayla's wrists. She tried to force her to loosen her grip but Shayla didn't budge. Before Desmond could even get over the initial shock he was in, Shayla had already thrown Mecca on the ground and was leaned down with one knee on the ground while punching Mecca repeatedly in the mouth.

Desmond stood there looking stupid for a long while until he seen Mecca's flailing arms and her mouth start to bleed. He sighed as he grabbed Shay's arm and lifted her up off the ground away from Mecca. Desmond extended his hand nicely to offer her some help up.

Shayla turned towards him and cocked her fist back with the speed of lightning and threw it straight forward catching Des right in the jaw. He was laid out right there next to Mecca. Now everyone in the hall who was watching was recording and taking pictures.

With the meanest grim on her face she turned on her heel and walked towards her next class. Walking past the big glass window she seen the security guards on their usual blunt break. She didn't even speak like she usually does she just walked into her first block English and sat all the way in the back.

She laid her head onto her desk and inhaled a breath of air sharply as she felt her chest start to heave up and down. Shayla removed her glasses and looked up just as an announcement came over the P.A system in her class room.

"Can I get Shayla Perkins down to the principal's office now?" The woman over the public announcement system asked.

Shayla stood rolling her eyes but without saying anything and gripped her fake Michael Kors purse and walked out the class not bothering to get a pass.

She made her way towards the office while digging down into her purse looking for her phone. Her shoulder lightly brushed someone else's and she lifted her head and her eyes met with big hazel ones.

"Excuse me, sorry Shayla" Deonte said stopping and looking down at her. He was over six foot four inches and she was only five foot four inches. She looked up at him as her mean face faded away and she smiled a bit.

"Its fine Deonte, but what are you doing here? I thought you were expelled since freshman year?" She tilted her head back to look up at him as he smirked. His perfect white teeth gleamed. This was an old friend, they'd known each other since elementary but when freshman year of high school came Deonte could not be controlled. Fights everyday, walking around school with no shirt, and hitting teachers. His parents money stopped buying him out of trouble after a while.

"I was but my father put together this big trip for the senior class of all the major ghetto cities schools' to go on a trip to Virginia Beach, Virginia. He put DeWitt on so you know, now they let me back in." By the time he was finished explaining Shayla was mesmerized and lost in every word.

She brought herself together when she felt him just staring at her face. "Oh, that's really nice but I have to go to the office now, the principal wants to see me...I'll catch up with you though okay?" She rambled on and he extended his arms wrapping them around her waist hugging her tightly.

"Okay Princess I'll see you later." Deonte had no idea why he just called her princess but he walked off before she had the chance to answer.

On the other hand, Shayla walked into the principal's office with the biggest smirk on her pretty brown skinned face.

"Ms. Perkins I was notified of an altercation that occurred earlier this morning. Now you and Ms. Daniels haven't gotten along since you've been here. So I've talked with your mother since because of your GPA and hers I won't suspend you, but you two will be partnered on the trip to Virginia" Shayla's face displayed nothing but dismay and disgust.

"Who said I was even going? I don't want too" she retorted.

"Your mother. Sometimes I wonder if you and La'Mecca even acknowledge the fact that you both are step sisters" Mr. Johnson, the principal, laced his fingers together while looking at her. Shayla rolled her eyes in response. "Well get this form filled out by your mother and that is all Ms. Perkins." Shayla stood from the chair she was seated in, grabbed the paper and left.

"Fuck this" Shayla mumbled under her breath.