Chapter 9

Bonds Formed

Cheyanne POV

Gotta run faster. Out run my predator yet catch your prey. Run faster. Don't take turns. Run forward. Cutting corners slow you down. Catch your prey. Your predator is hot on your trail. Jump over the cliff. Don't look back. WHY MUST YOU DISOBEY ME. JUMP! But it was too late. My prey was taken from me.

I jumped out of my sleep from the many familiar scenario as always. It was always me as an feline animal running after prey while being prey.

I had sweats beads falling from my forehead rolling down face. I always interpreted the dream as my brother being the prey. And the man who killed him being both of our predator. I felt hot tears well in the back of my eyes.

I laid my head down and silently cried for the remainder of my night.

Shayla POV

I returned to my room that I had been in once. My roommate wasn't there the first time but I expected her this time. I walked in a dropped my bag on the floor and headed to the bedroom.

I just remembered that I hadn't had anything to eat all day so I turned around and made my way towards the kitchen. The light was already on.

I walked in to find the crazy bitch from earlier. What the fuck was her name?

Jarrie?

Jayla?

"JACKIE" I accidentally yelled out loud.

"Glad you remembered" She smirked going to the stove to light her cigarette. I scrunched up my face in disgust.

"Uh, yeah okay" I pushed past her and went to see what was in the fridge and cabinets.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing. I shrugged and spun on my heel. Guess I need to go grab something. But the hotel was on lockdown after midnight so I'll just have to go down to the cafeteria.

I rolled my eyes and walked past Jackie and walked into my room to get my money and belongings when I got another idea. I'll go stay with Lyn and Cheyanne since I know Shai's room is probably full.

I started to pack a bag, grabbing all my essentials. My wallet, a pair of night clothes, something to wear tomorrow, my toiletries and shoes before I left. Jackie gave me a stank look before I walked out. I didn't remember the room number so I pulled out my phone and dialed Cheyanne number.

"Hello?" She answered as she picked up on the first ring.

"Um its Shayla. Can I come stay with you and Lyn tonight?" I asked her as I began to hear sniffles.

"Yeah duh, room number 447 two doors down from Shai I'm about to unlock the door" She said and we hung up. I had to take a few floors down but I wasn't complaining. I needed to get away from that psycho bitch they called my roommate.

I rode the elevator to the fourth floor and walked till I found her room door slightly ajar. "You guys!!" I called as I walked in.

"Shhhh Lyn is still sleep" Cheyanne emerged from her room announcing. I apologized and sat down.