||Chapter 27||

||Chapter 27||

<|Third Age 2974|>

The night of Endor's dreams becoming reality ends with her putting Frodo to bed in the small chambers nearest hers. Wrapping him tight in the comforter and blankets and placing his stuffed wolf next to him, all Endor can do is smile in appreciation of her life. The lands she once dreaded have now become the start of her future and the place where Thorin and her became a reality. It is a strange feeling, but one she appreciates over that of frustration.

"Will you sing to me, Endo?" Frodo asks, reminding her of the past in which she did such this. But it has been a great many years since this last occurred, and namely the night before her parents' deaths. To say the times and tunes have changed might just be an understatement.

And yet, she is a bugger for the pleading blue eyes of her brother, a strange thing given her own ability to create this vision. And thus, she sighs in agreement of his request, heart heavy. Looking back at the empty doorway and hearing no nearby footsteps, Endor turns to Frodo with eyes of relinquishment.

"But you most close your eyes first," she tells him, and Frodo heed her wishes:

"Silent night, Holy night

All is calm, all is bright

Round yon virgin, mother and child

Holy infant, tender and mild

Sleep in heavenly peace

Sleep in heavenly peace."

By the last notes, and with the typical magic of her music and presence, Endor has put her brother into the trance of sleep. His breath ruffles the curls near his ears, prompting Endor to push them back gently with a smile. Blowing out the candle to the right after ensuring his comfort, Endor turns towards the door for another surprise on this already surprising day.

She almost yelps in shock as she gazes upon the dwarves standing at the door, Gandalf and Bilbo miraculously missing from their presence. Their recognition of her realization does not bring upon any consequence, staring at her with awe and wonder. They fail to even move before Endor pushes her way through them and into the sitting room nearest the hall. But they do, like mice follow the Pied Piper.

"You said you were decent at singing!" Fili shouts in a whisper, thankfully realizing that Frodo is still nearby. The last thing Endor needs is to sing again to appease her brother, and give more of a show to these dwarves.

"Because I am..." Endor responds, warily as she rises an eyebrow at Fili.

"No lass, that was absolutely beautiful. You are not just decent, but gifted," Dwalin tells her, so genuinely that Endor cannot help blushing. This is not typical of Dwalin: gifting such extreme compliments.

"Well, thank you. I appreciate the sentiment," Endor tells them, smiling at Dwalin and Fili, but recognizing that Thorin has yet to say anything from his state of awe. "But I must be off to bed. Goodnight boys."

The girl grants her farewells, embracing Dwalin and Fili in hugs before moving over to the startled Thorin. She leaves a soft kiss on his cheek as he stares at her with unknown emotions. But before he can address her in his returned state of reality, via her kiss, she is fleeing down the hallways and to her own chamber. And for the sake of propriety, Thorin cannot join her.