||Chapter 21||

||Chapter 21||

<|Third Age 2974|>

    Neither Thorin Oakenshield nor Endor Baggins feel a minute of sleep that night, tossing and turning over their struggle with the "blessing" of love.  So, only naturally, they are the first to flee from bed that morning, only to flee directly into each other.  If you asked Endor, the Valar is against her in these moment.  As she makes breakfast in the early dawn, the king moves into a chair nearby, watching her sloppy actions due to sleeplessness.  "Good morning.  How did you sleep?"

"I didn't," Thorin remarks coldly, hating the girl for keeping him from sleep.

"Well that makes two of us.  I swear the bed here are made of dragon scales," Endor says, rubbing her back as she butters some bread with her other hand.

"Or fish hooks," Thorin grumbles, mirroring her action.  His eyes drop to where her hands are working.  "What are you making?"

"Shire toast with scrambled eggs," Endor responds, pointing to the pot over the  fire before turning to look at the sleep-deprived king.  "Would you mind stirring that?"

Of course, Thorin cannot deny her request, moving slowly to stir the eggs as Endor goes back to ignoring him.  "How long am I meant to do this for?"

"It should probably be done in an hour or so," Endor says, smirking slightly at the scene of Thorin cooking like a humble servant.

"Great, the King Under the Mountain has been humbled down to stirring eggs," Thorin grumbles, rolling his eyes at Endor's obvious joy in this situation.

"Humility is a virtue," Endor says, marking a lapse of silence for a near hour as the finality of the company wander in with full rest over their eyes.  And just as Endor says, the food is done within that amount of time, serving up the meal on the table before sitting with the others and digging in.

"How did you sleep, lass?" Dwalin asks Endor in an attempt of conversation.

"Like shit," Endor quips without a thought towards propriety.

"Endor!  Manners!" Bilbo shouts, stunned, as the two brothers laugh, Dwalin and Thorin smirk, and Endor simply shrugs.  Does is look like she cares?

"And you Master Dwalin?" Endor asks, ignoring the pest of her uncle's shouts.

"Like a babe," Dwalin responds easily, looking fully rested from the damned beds.

"Today is bound to be interesting then," Kili says, smirking at the possibilities of all the trouble Endor can bring about.  She may be paying for her lack of sleep, but Kili will be raking it in with joy.

"And why is that?" Fili asks over a mouth full of Shire toast.

"Do you not remember Endor when she is sleep deprived?" Kili asks, laughing at the multiplicity of memories of these very incidents.

"Oh my, this shall be humorous," Fili quips, suddenly remembering in tune with his brother.

Turning to look at the hobbit next to him, who is practically falling asleep at the table, Thorin goes to addressing her: "Do you become loony or something?"

"She forgets to filter her words.  Called a dwarrowdam a prostitute last time," Kili remarks, prompting Thorin to gape and practically drop his unchewed food.

"Endor!" Bilbo shouts at his niece, though this time she turns to address them with her awakening nerves.

"I was also drunk!" Endor shouts, failing to make the situation better.  "And besides, her dress barely hid her breasts!"