||Chapter 24||

||Chapter 24||

<|Third Age 2974|>

    Endor Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield make a silent pact to ignore the happening of the previous night, now that they've had all night to replay the event in their head.  For both, the incident was a dream come true, up until Bilbo's intrusion, and yet, they realize that it cannot happen again.  For Thorin, he cannot love a hobbit that he will never see again.  And for Endor, she cannot love a kingly dwarf when she herself is a lowly hobbit.

And thus, they simply act like they never saw each other the last night, eating in and preparing in silence.  Indeed, no words are shared between the two even as they prepare the eagles to take them West to the troll hoard.  It's starting to get on Dwalin's last nerve, seriously feeling the need to hit Thorin aback the head in his idiocracy towards Endor.  He is tired of the sexual tension between the two, especially since he has to spend all his time with them.

Thorin's eyes follow Thranduil predatorily as he pulls Endor aside from the others and to the bottom of a massive tree.  He may know that Thranduil will not hurt Endor, but that does not mean he does trusts the other king's intentions.  Endor is his, and his alone.

"Visit anytime, young one.  I must admit, your innocence and hastiness is refreshing to my old years," Thranduil tells Endor, her cheeks rising in a smile towards the elven king.  Typically, she would take offense at his words, but she expects nothing kinder from Thranduil.

"I will do my very best, Lord Thranduil.  And I thank you for your hospitality," Endor tells him with a broad and stunning smile that Thranduil nods at and Thorin stares at.  It is not the heartfelt smile that she sent Thorin last night, but it is the first smile she has sent anyone today.

"Uncle, I am staying," Kili says from behind Thorin, prompting Thorin to turn around with a shocked look.  What is so important that Kili will drop an adventure on a whim?  Thorin has a pretty good idea, especially with the eleth behind him.

"Kili--"

"Tauriel and I are back together and we intend to spend our time together.  We will be at the Mountain to greet you upon return," Kili tells Thorin as Endor comes to stand near them in curiosity.  She understands the desires of the two, wishing again that she could do just this with Thorin.  But there's the thing: she has nothing with the dwarf king.

Thorin sighs in reluctant agreement with Kili, thinking the same ideas as Endor at that very moment.  He leans his foreword at Kili's mirrored actions, hitting heads with his nephew in the typical dwarven 'embrace.'  Endor rubs her own forehead at the pain they must experience, Tauriel doing the same behind Kili.

"Do not worry, King Under the Mountain, your nephew is safe here," Thranduil tells Thorin genuinely, prompting Thorin to nod thankfully at both the elven king and Endor.  If it were not for his hobbit, Kili would not be with his One right now.  If only someone could do that for Thorin himself.

"Now, let's be off.  Lord Elrond is awaiting our company," Gandalf cheers, prompting Thorin to look at him in shock.  Why is it that Gandalf never tells him things a good deal ahead of time?  Must he always be so mysterious?

"Lord Elrond--!"

"Just accept it Thorin: you're now friendly with the elves," Endor tells the King Under the Mountain, pulling herself up onto an eagle's back and beside Bilbo.  Thorin rolls his eyes at the truth in her words, knowing that these things would not happen to him if not for the meddlesome ways of the Grey Wizard.

"Many thanks to Gandalf for his input in that friendship," Thorin remarks sarcastically, mounting his own eagle with the lack of grace that Endor usually exhibits.  She laughs at this scene, prompting Thorin to throw her a look.  But in this way, the two are speaking again, no tension in the air as the eagles take to the skies without Kili.