6. Smile Absolutely Perfect

bigBIG thank you to VENUYA, XXSWEETMISERY10XX, MARIANT77, LADY_LOVE04, and VAMPIRES18 for your support. (: 

Everybody . . . enjoyyyy!! XD xoxo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six.

Time was passing too slowly for Daniel Colman. Normally the family dinners, which had grown to include a certain lovely brunette, spanned over two hours. Filled with love and the deep bonds that only being close family can provide, the time always sped past him. Now, however, barely twenty minutes had passed since the foursome were seated, but time appeared to have halted with a screech.

On one side of the red cushioned booth, Becky and Julius sat so close that one of her legs was nestled comfortably in Julius’ lap. Their heads were huddled together and arms became intertwined; no world existed outside of them, not for them anyway. Daniel was all too aware of a little girl seated beside him, her elbow on the table, palm up and being used as a holder for her chin as her eyes roamed the parking lot.

He watched her, trying to figure out what was so interesting out there. The only lights were the ones provided by the restaurant, and they were not much thanks to the rain pelting down in a steady stream. Becky and Julius had each other. Adina had the entire outside world. And poor Daniel was stuck looking at the back of Adina’s head, wondering if she was ignoring him.

With a silent sigh, he leaned forward, flicking his eyes to his sister and friend momentarily to make sure they were not watching him. Seeing the coast was clear, he leaned closer and closer until his head was next to hers, his body’s heat intermingling with hers even though they did not physically touch.

With a gasp, Adina realized a head had moved next to hers, and she turned to look at the perpetrator. She saw Daniel’s face oh so close, but his eyes were decidedly fixed on the glass windows, making him seem so far away.

“What are you looking at so intently, Adina?” Daniel whispered, just low enough that only she could hear him.

“Nothing,” Adina whispered back without a thought.

She had forgotten that moments ago she had been looking out the window. Now, she could only focus on the defined planes of his face, the slight crook near the top of his nose, the evenness of hairs throughout his eyebrows. She could not think as her eyes roamed the seamless lines of his lips and the beautiful course of his jaw. How badly did she want to touch, but she could not let him know that. So she answered ‘nothing,’ and hoped he did not notice she was gazing intently at him.

Daniel’s head turned in her direction, his slate-navy eyes beaming to her soft, sky blue ones. Daniel swore that there were streaks of white in her irises, little ribbons showing her innocence. He loved it. He loved watching her eyes dip down to his lips as they curved into a soft smile at her answer.

“Nothing?” he quizzed with a breath.

Blushing at their proximity and the intimacy of their gaze, Adina chuckled to let out her nerves. Biting her lip, she turned back to the window, but let her eyes flick to Becky and Julius for a glance.