5. To Find Out

Sidephoto=Julius

Five.

A month later . . .

"Come in!" Adina shouted as she hopped over to her dorm room door with a bright smile on her face.

Tonight was going to be a great night. Her hand touched the door knob just as the door began pressing in. Moving out of the way, Adina poked her head around the side to be greeted with the calm and composed face of Becky.

"Ready?" Becky asked, pulling her purse up higher on her bare shoulder.

"Becky, you look beautiful," Adina said wistfully as she looked her friend over. Dressed in a billowy white tank, fitted light washed jeans, and crisp black oxfords, Becky looked much more styled than she normally did. Her hair framed her face with intentional waves rather than the casual air dry she normally went for.

"Yes, well, Julius decided to come to town in honor of the holiday. You'll finally get to meet the man behind my temperament."

Adina's smile stretched further. Many a time she had listened to Becky's growls and complaints over her distant boyfriend of two years. Apparently, he had not wanted to move across the state while the Colman family did. Now, after three months of persistent prodding, it seems the young lad had finally come to his senses, at least long enough to visit.

"Let me grab a clip for my hair real quick, and I'll be ready to go," Adina said as she ran to the small sink that housed her hair necessities. Grabbing a lavender headband with a silk bow on the side, she carefully slid it on and checked her reflection. Pretty - just the way she liked to be.

Smoothing her hands down her light grey cardigan and making sure her navy jeggings were settled on her slim hips and not too tight, Adina decided she was all set.

"I feel like I have to warn you. Dorian could not make it tonight. I think he was hit with the stomach flu or something, but we're hoping he will be better for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. You still plan to come and spend the day with us, right?" Becky asked as the two girls walked down to the parking lot where Daniel and Julius would be waiting. Becky felt a little guilty for lying about the reason behind Dorian's absence, but she knew it was for the best.

During the twice-a-week dinners the gang had been sharing for the past month, Dorian and Becky noticed the innocent looks and consequent blushes Adina got whenever she was addressed by Daniel. Likewise, the two siblings noticed their elder brother slowly warming up to the little brunette. Each time they came together he seemed to look her over more intently, stand a little closer, lean in a little further. It was time to help the two move things along.

Adina frowned. "My mom is disappointed that I'm not coming home, but she understands. Are you sure you want me to come? Especially if Dorian isn't feeling well, I don't want to get in the way," Adina stated nervously. In fact, maybe they should cancel tonight's dinner to make sure Dorian was taken care of.

"None of that, Adina. We want you there. All of us, and I will force Dorian's health to improve if that's what it takes for you to come," Becky said with finality.