She's an Angel with a Shotgun Ch.19

Ch.19

The Final Task

“Are you almost ready?” Charlie asked. I'd been staying at Charlie' apartment more often then we were originally planning, but we both liked knowing that each other was safe and nearby. I had ended up leaving some of my clothes here at points too. My brother seemed to have been getting used to the idea of us being together since it seemed to keep me out of danger for the most part. It was a good thing I had gotten out of Hogwarts though, because it turned out the Mr. Crouch's body had been found lately. Although that didn't stop rumors saying it was the Dagger family who had caused this to spread throughout the magazines and newspapers. Sadly, even with this new news, it still wasn't able to bring the focus off of Charlie and I being a couple. Pictures of the two of us had shown up randomly.

“Yeah, one minute,” I told him as I fixed my hair into a high ponytail. I had on an orange tube dress that flowed out at the bottom and went in at the waist. The top of the dress was strapless and was draped. I wore a lightweight, white blazer with a white and orange patterned scarf around my neck. I had on the necklace Charlie had gotten me, which I never took off, underneath the scarf. Around my wrist were gold bangles, I had on light brown, lace up ankle boots and a gold and white woven purse. I made sure that I was armed as well as I could be, but still made sure I looked respectable for when I met Charlie' family.

“You seem to be nervous,” Charlie said when he came into the bedroom, walking over and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. “They'll love you. Besides, from what I've heard, Ginny feels horrible able being so rude to you the last time the two of you saw each other.” he kissed my neck where I had the love bite he had given me earlier. “Everything will be fine.”

“I sure hope so. Are we ready to go?”

“Yes,” he linked arms with me and we walked over to the fireplace. We threw in floo powder and stepped in, both whispering the word Hogwarts. We appeared in Dumbledore's office, where a student was waiting to escort us down to where Charlie' mum and his brother Bill was at. Dumbledore had decided to ask them to come to support Harry considering they were the closest people to his family. Dumbledore had been happy to hear my brother and I were coming to talk to him after the task was over.

“Maybe I should just wait outside for you guys to talk to Harry and we can meet up later.” I said not entirely sure about meeting them now.

“Harry isn't in there right now and Dumbledore clearly was fine with you coming or else he would have said something about this whole thing.”

“I guess,” I mumbled, holding onto Charlie' hand tightly.

“Good,” the student in front of us stopped walking and gestured for us to enter the next door. He walked away, most likely going to wait for the next group of people. “Now lets go before you decide to back out on me.”

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the smile that threatened to tug at my lips. “Fine.” He opened the door and walked in, dragging me in behind him. I shut the door, glancing around the room to see the different Champion's families sitting in their own areas for the moment. I spotted Charlie' mum and brother, both of them standing out with their ginger hair.

“Come on, love,” Charlie told me. “They'll love you.”

“I sure hope so,” Charlie pulled me to his side and kissed me on the side of head before continuing to drag me over to his family.

“Charlie!” Mrs. Weasley said, jumping up from her seat and wrapping Charlie in a hug. Bill, who looked slightly older than Charlie had a similar style to his brother, but seemed to be a little less reckless than Charlie was. He had a piercing as well with shaggy red hair.