Epilouge

Alex Harper
I sat in my bed with my head in my hands. It's been two days since... I sighed. I gotta just forget and get on with life. But I couldn't. She taught me how to love. I lost my mom. I can't lose her too.

My mom's death had shattered me. Aveline had mended it. And now I'm shattered again. She changed me. According to my dad, I joke around a lot less. I haven't used my fire power. I haven't talked to any of my friends except for Brian and Lindal. Sometimes they would come over and we would talk. But they only understand half of it. No one understands. Why did she have to die?!! Why?!!

I'm never gonna find a girl like her. I pulled out the dagger. It was Aveline's. It was the only thing I had managed to pull off of her when the police came. I had hid it, hid Aveline. I felt like crying when I saw it. I gripped the handle, fighting back the threatening tears.

I should've saved her, I should've went up with her. I looked at the picture on my windowsill. It was a picture of me and her. She was punching me, but we were laughing. I felt tears flow freely down, but I smiled. I looked out the opened window. We had moved back to our old house again. And the window across from me stayed closed. I stared at it, as if to hope that Aveline would throw it open, yelling an annoyed remark.

I placed the dagger next to the picture. I wiped the tears away. I stood up. I need to move on. Aveline would want that. I began to clean my room. I pulled out a box and threw the picture and dagger in it. I ripped the poster of Inception off and threw it in. She had given me that. I threw in the sweater she had left in here. I threw in everything I could find in here that she had given me and was hers.

I pushed the box deep under my bed and closed the window, then closed the curtains. I began to replace the stuff with something else. I hung up pictures of me and my dad. And soon I was done. I looked at my new room. This was good. This is the first step of moving on. This is the new me.

Lindal Horis
I couldn't stand it any longer. I pulled out my phone and began to watch videos, trying to forget about Aveline. I missed her breathing as she slept. I missed how she always made so much noise when she got ready for school.

She was my first friend when I first moved in. She was my sister. And now she was gone. I can't go on without her. I miss her complaints and dislike for fashion. I miss doing her hair. I would miss the silky feeling of it.

I need to get over her. I have to. There's no other way. She would want me to. She would say, "Don't be such a moron and get with your life." I chuckled at the thought.

Her dad had left for California and Grace and Sofie had moved to Brooklyn. None of her family members had stayed. Not a single one. Aveline must really be loved.

I need a new look. The long strawberry blonde hair is the look I had for a long time. I need a new one. A good one. One that Aveline would like. I grabbed a scissor and stepped to the mirror. I cut it, I didn't think, I just cut. It was uneven and free. I didn't cut it too short. But I cut it. Aveline would like this.

I looked in the mirror. I had cut it diagonally. My right side was shorter than my left side. Prices of hair was piled on the floor. It looked... Nice. Better. More me. I liked it. Aveline would've liked it.