Go Help

Grace walked to their neighbor's front porch. She rang the doorbell and a man with black hair answered with a smile.

"Hi, I came to talk to Alex?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure. C'mon in!!" He said, then he yelled out, "ALEX!!!" And the boy came running down. "Someone needs to talk to you. You guys can go sit in the living room."

They walked to the living room and sat in the couches. "So, Alex, how was your day?"

"Alright, I guess."

"Well, Aveline needs your help."

"Help with what?"

"You know what I mean. And I know you can control fire."

"What?!!! She told you?!!"

"No. I figured it out myself."

"How?"

"That's not important."

"Ok, fine. Why does she need my help?"

"Yes, she and Lindal make a good team and can easily defeat a group of robbers, but this is a minion we're talking about. I've dealt with many different kinds of minions in my childhood, and every year they become stronger and more scarier."

"So, she already told me not to help them, why should I?"

"Because even if she thinks she doesn't need your help, she does. She told you the story of her family right?"

He nodded.

"She left out a simple but a sad part. When she moved in with us, she was 4, so she didn't know the concept of dead. So the policeman just told her that they were on a vacation. Everyday, she was cheerful and happy, but everyday, she would ask me if they were back yet. I would always say, "Not yet, but they will". Then, when she was 7, she didn't ask anymore. I instantly saw that she knew that her family was on an endless vacation and that they'll never come back. She knew they were dead. This changed her completely. Did you notice that she has cold brown eyes?"

He nodded again.

"When she was little, she had very cute, warm, cheerful brown eyes. Now she has cold, dull brown eyes. You wouldn't call brown eyes cold, but you can just tell. She changed a little. She now would always shut herself in her room and only come down for meals. When I see her, she's always looking out her window. And sometimes when she sleeps, I hear her mumble, "I should've saved them, it's my fault". That's what makes her vulnerable. That guilt inside her. Being a survivor can be thrilling, but also devastating. That's why you need to help her. Lindal is good too, it's just that if Aveline loses her too, Aveline can't live with herself. She needs someone like you. Think about it." Then she got up and left the house, leaving Alex Harper to think.

"Ok, now try some punches... Wow! You're pretty good!" I said, impressed.

"I took karate, remember?" Lindal reminded.

I was training Lindal some simple concepts, but she has most of them, so we went to the more challenging ones. I was wearing my mom's suit. It was black, had knee pads, shoulder pads and gloves that went up to my elbows. The shorts went up to my knees. The black leather boots came up to the middles of my shins. I had a knife hidden in there. I also had a belt strapped on with two of my favorite daggers and some throwing knives. My mask only covered around my eyes.

Lindal wore a black leather sweater with golden streaks. She had tight pants with the same golden streaks on the side. She had black boots. Her belt had two pistols and her boot carried a knife I have her. She had a golden mask that also covered around her eyes.

We wore these because we wanted to be ready when the minion comes. Half of me hoped it wouldn't come or would just be those yellow minions in Despicable Me. The other half just wanted it to come so we could just kill it and get it over with.

I sat down on the garage floor. Lindal began to practice her kicks. I heard a knock on the garage door. I looked through the peek hole. My eyes narrowed. I slammed the door open.

"What in the f- ing world do you want?!!" I snapped angrily.

"Grace came to talk to me," Alex said. "She wants me to help you."

"Doesn't mean I want you to," I replied.

"I know but-"

"Bye!!!" And I slammed the door in his face and then locked it.

"Was that Alex?" Lindal asked.

"Yeah, that idiotic stupidhead."

Lindal chuckled.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have everything."

"Me too, ok, let's go." We sneaked out the garage, and made sure no one saw us. We needed to go to an abandoned place so that the minion can't hurt anyone.

We ran to an alleyway. We stopped running and walked slowly around. "You know it might not come," Lindal reminded.

"I know that," I replied. "We need to be ready, just in case." Then I heard footsteps. I put my hand out. We stopped walking. The footsteps continued. "Hear that?"

"Yeah." We ran around a corner and hid there, our backs to the walls. I unsheathed a throwing knife. The footsteps got louder. I measured the distance with the sound. Should be a few fee to the left.

I turned around and threw the knife. I heard the knife hit a wall and someone yell out, "Oh shit!!!" The voice was all to familiar. I unsheathed a dagger angrily and stomped over, pointing the dagger to his throat.

"What the hell are you doing here, you little annoying piece of crap?" I asked.

"Hey, hey! I came to help!!" Alex said, his hands up.

I punched his stomach and he doubled over. "I told you not to come!!!" I yelled.

"Yeah, but I wanted to," he gasped. I walked over to the knife stuck in the wall and yanked it out. "Hey, I have experience." He straightened back up.

"Go back home, Alex!!" I ordered.

"Nah, I'm staying here," he said.

"Go home-" I began. Then I heard a big screech and a boar with its angry eyes came stomping to us.

We all stepped back.

"I think I actually should go home," Alex said.

I took out a throwing knife. "I don't think you will be able to go anywhere."
...
Hello!! I hope you liked this chapter!! I didn't make a superhero suit for Alex yet because everything that I think of doesn't suit him! Hope you like it!!!