Promise

I sat on the edge of the roof staring out in the sky. I heard the door bang open.

"Aveline!!!" I heard them call. It was Alex. Not a surprise. My eyes narrowed. I already cried all the tears out yesterday. All I have inside is anger. And dad has told me how to get that anger out. Beat up Alex. Badly. With what I do best. Daggers and throwing knives. I have two throwing knives and a dagger on me right now.

"Aveline!!! I've been looking all over for you!!" He said running to me. His gentle voice didn't waver my anger at all. Instead, I felt more anger. He's lying. He ran closer. He stopped a foot away from me and I immediately took out my dagger, the blade inches away from his throat. He stepped back.

"Go away," I ordered, my voice deep and furious.

"You still haven't heard me out!!!" He protested. My eyes narrowed even more.

"Go away," I repeated. I tightened my grip on the handle.

"Not without you!!!"

"GO!"

"NO!"

"You asked for it." I threw out one throwing knife. Alex yelped and ducked. I jumped up and threw the second one. I jumped off the edge and began fighting him with my dagger. He dodged and tried to stop me.

"Wait! Aveline! You need to listen! It's not what you think!!"

"What I saw explained everything!!"

He grabbed my wrists and twisted them behind my back. "Stop it!! Please! Let me explain!!"

I didn't do anything for a second. Then I did a backwards kick. He let go of me and I slashed his stomach. He yelled and fell to the ground. My blade was stained with rich red blood.

"Aveline!!!!! What has gotten into you! Listen!!" He screamed angrily, holding the cut. He staggered up. "I didn't kiss her!! She kissed me!! Don't you get it? Your dad is tricking you! He manipulated Kylie and told her to kiss me to get on your nerves! This is what he intends to do!!"

How did he know that? Well, he's got Lindal, who's smart. "How do I know you're telling the truth?" I asked.

"Why would I lie to you?" He asked. The cut began to glow and mend itself.

"Because you have another girlfriend."

"I DON'T!!!" He snapped angrily. "Your dad told Kylie to kiss me, causing you to be angry!!!" Should I believe him? Half of me does and the other half doesn't. "All those things I said about you are true! I meant them! You're pretty, smart and kickass! Don't trust him! He set this whole thing up! You gotta listen!!"

I was on the verge of tears, but I fought them back. I think he was telling the whole truth! I could see it in his eyes. I dropped the dagger and it clattered onto the floor.

"Do you believe me?" He asked, stepping forward. I stepped backwards. Then another step, hugging my arms. The wind whipped at my unruly hair. I stepped back again. "Aveline! Stop!!" Alex called. My heel crunched on something. Then blue streaks came flashing out. I screamed as it electrocuted me. I fell to the floor, but Alex managed to catch me before I hit the ground. He sat on the ground, my body in his arms. I could feel tears streaming down as I felt the pain.

"What... What was that?" I whispered.

"Something that Brian and Lindal made, to protect myself. It's not too dangerous. Are you ok?"

"Not really." Now that the anger was all gone, I just felt guilt inside. "I'm sorry."

"So am I. Aveline, what made you think that I liked someone else?"