Friends

I still remember the look that Ethan gave me when he said "I love you". It wasn't that look when he would take my stuff for fun and I would yell out "I hate you!" While he would say "I love you too". No. It was the sympathetic one.

"Oi, Av!! Get ready for school!!!" Grace called from downstairs.

Grace is my aunt. She doesn't want to be called "Aunt Grace" because it makes her feel old, according to her. She has a daughter named Sofie. Me and Sofie are fine. But not as close as me and Ethan. I really wish Ethan was here. I forgotten how it felt to hold his hand. Well that was like... 13 years ago. Wow. Life goes by so fast.

I hit the showers and got ready for school. First day of school. Yay. School is alright. But I basically have no friends. And I'm fine with that. I mean I don't hate everyone. But it's just a "hello" "good- bye" relationship.

I came out and pulled in some clothes. I grabbed my bag. No make up. I don't need it anyway. I'm proud of my face. I'm not gonna cover it up with some powder that makes my Asian face turn into a ghost. Sofie disapproves my make up free thing. Well look at you, a walking ghost that has hazel eyes!!

I pulled on some boots. No heels. One time I wore one inch heels and almost fell off a building. And again Sofie disapproves. Well she's kinda short, so I'll cut her some slack.

I walked out the room and into the car. Grace began to drive. Sofie sat next to me. She put some lipstick on. "New year, but no new you," she observed.

"Same crappy clothes and crappy shoes." I rolled my eyes. She's the same age as me but she acts like my older sister.

"Go with this saying," I snapped. "Don't judge a girl by her cover. Well, I'm not talking about me, since I don't have a cover. But you do. So your make up makes you look pretty, but once it's off, your inner demon will pop out. You see me, I show off my beautiful face without a cover-"

"Ok! I get it!!" She cut off, annoyed. I smirked.

Grace reached the school. "Good- bye! Have a nice day!!!" She called as I hopped out. I went into the school and walked to my locker.

A group of girls were crowding around some boys, holding papers out and screaming for them to give their numbers. Well, actually they were asking for one boy to give it to them. The other boys were trying to get out of the crowd. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

The boy was new. He was cute. He made my heart jump a little. He had brown hair and blue eyes. He had a black leather jacket and jeans on. I shook my head. I don't like him. I don't. Well, maybe a little. Ok, you know what, I'm getting my mind off this. I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. I pulled the lock in it and closed it.

"Hello," someone said behind me. I wasn't sure if they were saying that to me, but I had a feeling they were. I turned around. It was the cute boy. All the girls around him began to yell out "wrong type of girl!! You should've picked me!!!" Stuff like that.

I narrowed my eyes slightly. "Can I help you?" I asked curtly.

"Yeah. Would you like my number?  You were the only person who didn't ask me for one, shy aren't you?"

"Jumping into conclusions already? Is not asking for your number a problem?"

"No. But you're the only girl that hasn't, and I live right next door to you. So I kinda figured that you might...."

I scoffed. "Like you? That's likely. And why pick me? There's a ton of other girl craving your body right now. Go ask them. Now excuse me, I have class to attend." I walked away.

But he stepped in front of me with an idiotic smile on his face. "You know you like me, don't deny it!"

"Why do you care so much if I like you or not? Do you like me?" He immediately turned red.

"I gotta go..."

"Thought so, who would wanna be late for their first class on their first day?"

"Yeah, not me," he went to his locker and grabbed his books. I began to walk to my class again. "Oh, and I'm Alex, Alex Harper, by the way."

"Aveline." I entered my next class.

Lunch came and I sat at my usual spot. At the corner or the table that's at the corner. But a surprise came today. A new girl with reddish- brown hair came to me today. She had high- heels on and she had some sense of style. She put her tray down.

"Hey!" Her voice was a bit high- pitched. "I'm Lindal. And I love those earrings. Where did you get them?"

"Oh, these?" I touched my blue gemmed studs. "I got these as a gift, so I don't really know."

"Oh, that's alright. So, there's a party this Saturday. Wanna come with me?" She asked.

"Yeah. Totally. What time?"

"Five."

"Ok."

"So, what's your name?"

"Aveline. Aveline Lung."

"Lindal Horis. Just telling you my last name. So, who do you have your eyes on?"

"What?"

"Your crush. Who is it?"

"My crush? Well, before you came, I was kinda a loner and didn't pay attention to people much. And they never paid any attention to me, so yeah."

"Really, well I'm your best friend-"

"You are?"

"Yes! I am! Anyway, with me as your best friend, there's gonna be a lot of attention to you."

"That makes me so comfortable," I said sarcastically.

"You'll love it. So, since you don't wanna tell me yours, I'll tell you mine!" She turned around to look at the cafeteria. "That boy." She pointed to a guy sitting next to Alex. "His name's Brian. And he's a cute ass."

"Wait, so you're serious that you're my best friend?"

She looked at me confused. "Well, duh!"

If only she knew.
...
I hope you like this chapter!!!! And you must be like 'what happened the action plot?' Well don't worry, it'll come soon enough! And guess who I based Lindal off of! Her picture is at the bottom. And Alex's picture is at the top. And I couldn't find the right picture for Aveline, so just picture her in your mind. She has dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and cherry lips. Her cheeks are a bit pink and she's a bit pale. She's skinny and her hair is up to the middle of her back.