She Loves You

"Hey, it's ok. It's not you're fault. You couldn't control it during that time. You learn from your mistakes."

"But that wasn't a mistake, Aveline! It was murder! I killed my mom."

"And she would've forgave you."

"No she wouldn't."

"Yes she would."

"How do you know that?"

"When you grabbed her and tried to pull her out, did she try to get you off her? Like push you away?"

"No."

"That means she still loves you and doesn't care if you had burned the whole house down. She doesn't care if you have supernatural abilities. She loves you."

"That doesn't prove anything."

"Fine." I thought for a second. "How about when she yelled at you to go to the sink? She didn't yell "get outta the house!" She didn't do that, did she?"

"No. She didn't. What's the third reason?"

"I'm thinking... How about when you guys were running out? Did she look back to see if you were coming too?"

"She did look back, but I think it was a he's-coming,-we'd-better-run-quicker face."

"I doubt that. But believe me, she loves you."

"No she doesn't."

"Yes she does. And do you know who else loves you?"

"Who?"

"Me!" I put my head on his shoulder. "You know what I think? She would've been proud." Now I sound like those movies where the parent says that to the kid. Perfect.

He put both his arms around me. "But guess what?"

"What?"

"I can't love you back."

I gave him a surprised look. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't love you back because I don't love you. I extremely love you." He smiled and brushed a strand of hair from my head. "And what I like about you is that you always know how to make me feel better."

"I'm your girlfriend, girlfriends are supposed to do that."

"I know, but still. You're pretty, smart, kick ass. You're blushing." It was true. I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Maybe I'm not use to compliments."

"Well you should. Because I'm gonna say them everywhere, every time, everyday. On dates, in the car, in school, in bed..."

"In bed? Do you like me just for my body?"

"No. I don't just like your body. Though, I can't wait to see it." He licked his lips playfully.

"You're disgusting."

"I'm just kidding! But that is the truth."