Help

"So you're saying that there was no monster, criminal, minion thingy, right?" Lindal asked. It was lunch time and we were talking about last night. Speaking of last night, because of it, I am exhausted. I barely got any sleep.

"Right."

"And you're saying that you told Alex that you're... What you are?"

"Yes."

"And you're fine with it?"

"Yes."

"Ok. And you're saying that he can control fire?"

"Yes."

"Wait, that means we can be a triplet team!!!"

"Yes- wait no! Wait, what are we talking about?"

"Hello, Av!!" She called, waving her hand in my face. "Wake up!!"

"I am!!" I snapped.

"You told the hottest guy in our school!!"

"Wait, he's rated the hottest?"

"Uh, yeah. Haven't you been paying attention?"

"I never did."

She sighed. "You have so much potential, but you don't use it. Such a waste."

"Potential, how?"

"You're smart, pretty and you can kick ass! You can be the most popular girl in the school! Boys will all drool for you, girls will idolize you!!"

"But I don't wanna be popular."

"Well, you are popular, you just never paid attention to it."

"I am?" Lindal calling me poplar makes me feel special.

"Yeah. The boys in my gym class talk about you all the time. They say how good you are at soccer."

I chuckled. "I guess I am."

"And one guy in my math class called you hot."

"Who? When?"

"Today, this morning, to his friends. Look behind you, three tables away." I did as I was told. Alex, Brian and their gang was sitting there. "Alex Harper called you hot." I felt my cheeks burn. I couldn't help but smile.

"He did? You're lying!"

"I'm not!! I heard him clearly! Here is they're entire conversation: Brian; so who do you think is the hottest. Alex; me? Oh, well, Aveline Lung." My cheeks grew hotter. "Brian; yeah, she is pretty hot. But her only friend is Lindal, whose the hottest."

"And Brian called you the hottest, that's the punchline."

"Yeah, I was freaking out when he called me the hottest!! Ok, anyway, back to you-" the bell rang. I packed up my stuff and walked out.

History class. The most boring class in the world. I plopped down onto my chair. Why is it boring? Because the dumbass teacher is like this: "who knows what this word means?"

A student would answer. And then the teacher would start blabbering about the whole history of the single word: "this word comes from.... And this guy made it... Made in...." Blah blah blah. A single word can turn into a whole 45 minutes.

I just draw the whole time. I took out my notebook and a pen and began doodling. The second bell rang and the teacher walked in.

"Ok guys!!" He said cheerfully. "Today, we're gonna learn about the German language." No one was listening, and this teacher was to dumb to notice. How is he still employed?!! He began to write on the board.

I felt someone call my name. I looked behind myself. It was Alex. He was sitting right behind me. "Hey!!" He whispered with a smile.

Ok, ok. He called you hot yes, but he doesn't know that, so you have to act normal. "Hi," I said. "What do you want?"

"Did you get killed by that minion?"

I gave him an unamused look. "I'm sitting right in front of you."

"That's good. Ok, look. I can help you."

"With homework? Even if I did, I wouldn't come to you."

He ignored my comment. "You said that your dad put two fingers-"

"Mr. Harper!" The teacher called. "Stop distracting her!! That's one strike!"

"Sorry!" Alex said. That surprised me. He would've just said something rude back. Whatever he's telling me must be important.

After the teacher turned around, he began talking again. "Anyway, your dad put two fingers up and said "tomorrow". What I'm thinking is that he didn't send his minion yesterday because he's planning on sending it today. Two fingers remember? Two tomorrows, the day after tomorrow. He's coming today."

I thought about it for a second. "I think you're right. But when do you think he will?"

"I would say at night. Most criminals do it at night."

"But he's not like other criminals-"

"Miss Lung!!" I snapped me head around. It was the teacher. "How do you say this word in German?" My mind went blank.

"Uhhh..."

"Liebe!" I heard Alex hiss behind me.

"It's liebe," I answered.

"Good. Now a man named..." The teacher said, he turned around and began to write on the board again.

I turned around. "Thanks, how do you know German?"

"When I was little, my mom insisted I learn it." His voice saddened at the mention of his mom.

"That's cool!"

"Thanks. Anyway, back to your dad. What do you mean he's not like other criminals?"

I looked back at the teacher to see if he's turned around. "He's ruthless and doesn't care if he would get caught."

"Why?"

"Because he will always manage to escape."

"That's why he didn't try to fight the policemen back when he was chasing you!!"

"Yeah!! I didn't think of that, actually. He familiarizes himself with his surroundings and learns its weaknesses. And then at the right time, he escapes. He'll do anything to get what he wants and to get the job done, unlike other criminals. Other criminals care if the get caught, and they immediately abort the job. My dad doesn't."

"Ok. You need to get rid of that minion. You can't do it on your own."

"I won't. I have Lindal."

He almost choked. "Lindal? That girl you always spend time with?! You told her, right?"

I nodded.

"So, what can she do?"

"Well, she told me that she use to take karate and lost some touches. But I can teach her again. And she's good with the gun."

"Anyone can be good with the gun!! All you do is shoot-"

"Mr. Harper!!" The teacher called again. "Second strike!!"

"Sorry!" The teacher turned back around and he began to talk again. "It's easy to shoot a gun! You just pull a trigger! Wait that sounds weird. Doesn't that sound like when you-"

"There's more than just pulling a trigger, idiot!! She has good aim! I've seen her shoot. I can teach her! Today after school!!"

"Yeah, you'll get a lot done in a few hours, or minutes!!" He replied sarcastically. "We don't even know when he'll attack!!"

"I don't care, I'll be ready."

"You need help, Aveline!"

"No I don't!!" The bell rang. "Thanks for the tips. You're not that stupid, actually." Then I left.
...
Hey, readers!! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Write what liebe means in the comments!! Sorry if this is boring, I think it is! Enjoy!!!