Chased

I heard footsteps outside the classroom. My back had stopped hurting, but if I did any other damage, it could hurt even more.

I held my breath as I heard the footsteps become louder. The doorknob rattled. Then the door was crashed opened. I winced as I heard the door fall onto the floor.

I heard my dad begin to walk around the room, no doubt looking for us. My heart thumped louder, causing me to get worried that dad might hear it. I would have taken a deep breath, but I was afraid dad might hear.

He walked to the table we were hiding under. I could see his boots, which were full of weapons. I saw a pencil on the ground and I slowly reached for it, keeping my eye on dad's boots. I tightened my grip on it as dad walked around the table.

I nodded at Lindal, she nodded back. She positioned herself into a squat. I did likewise. Dad had walked to the back of the table now. Lindal slowly crept to the front of the desk, ready to run. I raised my hand up. And brought it down hard, slamming it into dad's foot.

I had added so much force into it that the pencil went through the boot and poked his foot, hard. I crawled out from under the desk quickly, following Lindal as dad screamed in pain and rage. We ran out the door just as knives began coming.

We ran back to the first floor again. I saw the lab room and ran in. I closed the door and locked it. I saw the Ingredients Closet and ran in. Lindal followed me in and I shut the door. The closet was big and dark. I could see bottles of different kinds of liquids. I heard some crashing and slamming. We ran to the end of the closet.

I hid behind one shelf and Lindal hid behind the other one across from me. I looked across the shelf full bottles and watched the door. Then I realized the bottle sitting in front of me had a skull on it. It was black. Something dangerous, probably shouldn't touch that. I leaned back, just in case.

Wait a minute. An idea sprang in my head.

I nodded at the nervous Lindal at the other side of the classroom. I was hiding in the closet, waiting for my dad to come, while Lindal was 'hiding' behind some desks.

The doorknob rattled and the door crashed opened. Well, there goes another door. He stepped in and instantly saw Lindal.

He scoffed. "You're really bad at hiding, little girl," he insulted. "Where's you're friend, huh? Split up? Bad idea. Never split up while you're getting attacked by me. Especially when you're the weak one."

"Which is why we didn't," I said as I jumped out from the closet. I uncorked the bottle and splashed the liquid into my dad. Then I threw the bottle at him. The bottle smashed into his chest, sending glass everywhere. Then Lindal and I ran for our lives.

We ran all the way to the basement, the locker rooms. We ran into the girl's.  We hid behind a row of lockers. Then I saw a door. The door to the field!! The field is a few feet away from the school!! Far away from the sensor!! That's our escape! I crept to the door. Lindal followed me.

"What are you doing?" She hissed. I just kept going. I turned the doorknob. And stepped inside. I closed the door behind Lindal. We jogged up the stairs and through the dark passageway. We reached another door. I turned the doorknob. Locked!! Oh, shit. No, no, no. This cannot be happening. I turned around to Lindal with widened eyes. I quickly thought of a plan.

We could go back and wait there for my dad to come and then lock him in here! We could do that. I tapped Lindal and whispered her the plan. She nodded and we ran back.

We hid on each side of the door. I heard my dad slam the locker room door open. I heard his stomps come closer. The door opened. And he stepped in, not seeing us.