Chapter Fourteen: Short and Sweet

POV from Jordyn

I killed it. I was a horrible person. 

I was put on anti depressants to make me feel better about myself. Cam and Sam were on Jordyn duty today while James and Danny went out to look for Ben. Ben...I needed him. 

Sam smiled at me and sat me down, holding some food. 

"Here ya go." he told me, kissing my cheek. I smiled wearily at him. 

"Thanks, but I don't want it." I whispered. "I'm not hungry." 

"Jordyn," Cam sighed, sitting next to me. "I really need you to eat this. Please? We need to know you're healthy." 

"Ben hates me." I stared down at my shoes, my mouth quivering. Already the tears were clouding my vision and I sank my teeth into my lip. 

"He doesn't hate you." Sam chuckled, sipping his beer. "If anything, he hates James." 

I glared up at him and his shoulders sank a little bit. "I'm sorry, Jordyn-" 

"It's fine." I looked away. "I should have told him I was pregnant when it happened." Cam pulled his mouth to the side of his face, his eyes averting my glance. 

"Jordyn, you can say you should have, but still, that won't change the past." Cam told me, wisely. "He's probably angry that he couldn't be there for you." 

"I just-" My phone rang and I glanced up grabbing it from the counter. "Hello?" I breathed shakily. 

"J-J-Jord-dyn?" Ben groaned. I gasped. 

"Ben! Where the fuck are you?" I screamed, standing up. Cam snapped his head up and Sam dropped his beer. 

"I-I-I don't k-know..." Ben stuttered. "It's s-so fucking co-cold-" he gave a shaky breath and sighed. "A b-bridge-" 

"Ben...please...are you okay?" Tears were streaming down my face. 

"C-cold." Ben whispered. 

"What bridge? What street?" I screamed. 

"Ch-Charles T-Town." 

I repeated this to Sam who called Danny. I sank my teeth into my lip. 

"Ben, please. They're on their way. They're coming for you." I sobbed to him. I could almost hear the smile in his voice. 

"I-I'm so s-sorry." He told me. "I l-l-love y-you." 

"Ben, don't give up on me!" I shouted, my hands quivering. "Don't you dare, Benjamin! Don't you even think about it!" 

"I'm s-sorry." Ben whispered. 

"BEN!" I screamed. But all was silent. 

♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

"Sweetheart-" breathed a voice in my ear. I looked up and saw James standing there. He had a small smile on his face. "We found him." 

I leaped up from my position and ran into the small back room. There Ben was with a steaming bowl of soup and coffee on the small table. He looked up and smiled shakily at me. I bit my lip. I ran up to him and slapped him hard on the face. He flinched back and looked up at me, looking lost. 

I felt tears come to my eyes again and I slammed his lips into mine. His lips felt so cold but I didn't care. I forced myself onto him and held him close, crying. 

"Don't you ever do something that stupid again." I whispered to him. Ben nodded carefully. 

"I promise."