Chapter One: Recovery

RECAP 

POV from Ben

Dammit. My hands were shaking on the keys as I forced them out of my car and into my pocket. My thin legs were shaking as I ran up to the door, opening it quickly. "Jordyn?" I shouted. I got no response. I bit my lip and started running around the house. "Jordyn? Jordyn! Goddamn it Jordyn! Answer me!" 

I heard the sound of water hitting tiles and I followed the sound up the stairs. Going two at a time, I stumbled into the wall, a picture frame falling down and crashing. I accidentally stepped on it in my bare feet and I shouted loudly as glass dug into my sensitive pads. 

I cussed loudly and fell against the wall. I heard a low gurgling sound. 

I ran as fast as I could, ignoring the pain in shooting up my leg. I could hear James shouting at me from downstairs. I didn't care. I needed to see Jordyn. I needed to see her. I crashed into the bathroom and stood there for a split second. She was in the bathtub, the pink water slowly overflowing onto the floor. I raced to her and turned off the taps. Then I grabbed her and pulled her from the water. 

"JAMES!" I screamed, my voice now raw. I was crying, the tears falling down my cheeks. I heard footsteps coming closer to me. James tossed his phone down. 

"Ben? Ben! You need to let go of her. Ben, stop. You're making it harder for her to breathe. Ben!" I felt hands grab me and literally throw me across the room. My head hit the wall and I groaned, sitting up a bit. James was holding Jordyn's wrist. I screamed in fury. She had marks all up and down her body. Cuts so deep. 

"Ben, go in the hall. The ambulance is on their way." James looked at me from over his shoulder. "Ben, get the fuck out of here!" 

I whimpered and dragged myself from the tiny room. I heard James trying to revive Jordyn. The pain in my head was too great. I grunted and leaned against the wall, my head throbbing. Jordyn...What have I done to you? 

The silence woke me up. I scrambled to grab onto something and my hand landed on something soft. The thing I grabbed jumped and gasped loudly. 

"Ben?" It whispered. I tried to make my eyes adjust to the dark, but nothing was happening. 

"Who's there? Who is this?" I shouted, my hand squeezing the person. 

"Danny. It's Danny!" snapped the voice. I gasped and flinched a little. Suddenly, I could see a hell of a lot better. I sighed and fell back against the bed. 

"Where am I?" I whispered, my heart returning to a normal speed. 

"You're in the hospital, Ben." Danny said softly. My eyes widened. 

"Jordyn? Is she alright?" Danny looked down at his shoes and away from me. I gasped loudly. "Danny! Is she okay? Did she make it? Were we too late? God I really fucked this up! Is she here? Did they save her? Danny! Tell me! Fucking tell me she's alright!" 

Danny smiled softly at me and sighed. "Ben, she's alright. She's recovering. She wants to see you when you woke up." 

"Good." I said, jumping from the bed. 

"Ben-" he started, but it was too late. I fell onto the ground, screaming. Pain shot up my leg and I moaned, curling into a ball. 

"Fuck...shit!" I snapped, rolling a bit. My eyes crossed a little and I became dizzy. 

"Ben, stop moving." Danny pleaded. For once, I did as I was told. 

"Why does it hurt so much?" I breathed, my voice threatening to break. 

"Ben, your foot got sliced up from the glass and you're suffering from a really bad concussion. You were out for a few days. The guys are worried sick about you-" 

As if on cue, Sam came running in, his cheeks red and his mouth quivering. 

"Ben?" He asked, racing to my side. I rolled to my side a little and sighed slightly. 

"Hey, Sam." I grunted. Danny and Sam grabbed my arm and helped me stand. Then Sam hugged me tightly. "Ah...careful. I don't feel great." I warned. Sam loosened his grip quickly. 

"Ben, if you would let me finish please," Danny impatiently sighed and pulled me back to the bed. "Ben, she's in the bed next to you." I rolled over to my right and saw her. She was looking at me with an amused expression. I started breathing a little heavier. 

"Jordyn...I'm sorry-" 

She held up her hand and frowned at me. "Ben, you can apologize a million times and I'd still be hurt. I thought you loved me." 

"I do..." I whispered. "I've never felt this way about another girl before. You're my star...I can't-" 

"Ben, stop it. What you did was unforgivable and immature. It was dumb and selfish. I don't care if you were drunk." She sighed and looked away from me. I felt my lip trembled and I felt my stomach twist. 

"Jordyn-" 

"Stop it." She started to cry. "I'm not strong enough for the shit you put me through." 

I bit at my lip rings and slowly got from my bed. 

"Ben!" Danny shouted at me, trying to pull me back into the bed, but I refused to give in. Jordyn watched me with interest. I took a small step towards her and hissed in a breath. The room was spinning and I felt sick. The lights were too bright and the darkness held shadows. I took another staggering step, and then another. When I got to her bed, my eyes were filled with tears.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered. "Please...take me back...I promise...I will never put you through hell." 

Jordyn looked curiously at me as I stumbled to her bed and watched her carefully as I started to climb into her bed. She scooted over and gave me room. I slid under the covers and felt a tear skid from my left eye and into my right eye. I curled up by her side and rested my head on her stomach. "I love you, Jordyn." 

I held my breath, waiting for her response. 

"I love you too," She whispered back at me. My heart soared. I just better make sure not to fuck this up.