Chapter Ten: Sleeping in The Day

POV from Jordyn

I woke in James' arms. He smiled down at me and breathed out from his nose. 

"Sleep well?" he asked sarcastically. I frowned and looked around. 

"Where am I?" I whispered. 

"My house." he replied. "You passed out on my shoulder." 

I rubbed my eyes and gave a shaky sigh. I could still feel Andy's hot breath on my neck. I rubbed at it and closed my eyes. "Where's Ben?" 

James paused briefly before turning to me. "Erm-" 

"James, where's Ben?" I repeated, sitting up straight. James rubbed the back of his neck and frowned. 

"He's in jail..." 

"WHAT?" I screamed. James shook his head. 

"Don't worry! He's getting out today-" 

"Why was he in there in the first place?" I shouted, standing and pulling my dress down a little bit. James sighed. 

"He was beating the shit out of Andy," He glanced up at me, weary. I felt sick to my stomach when he mentioned Andy's name. "a cop came by and saw and arrested them." 

"Both of them?" I whispered. James nodded slowly. 

"Danny's picking him up in a few hours. Why don't you go take a shower and I can take you home." 

I shoved my face in my hands and started to cry again. 

"Why are you crying?" James sounded worried as his thick arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly. "Stop crying! What's wrong?" 

"It's Ben's birthday...and he's spending it in jail!" I wailed. "And it's all my fault!" 

James started shaking and I drew back to look at him through tears. He was laughing. James was fucking laughing. I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes. 

"JAMES! Stop laughing! This isn't funny!" I scolded, not helping it when I cracked a small smile. 

"You s-sound so ridiculous! This is not your fault! You know what Ashley's doing to Andy?" 

I shook my head and James laughed harder. "He's leaving Andy in there for another night!" 

I giggled and wiped tears away. James snickered and patted my back. "You're stupid, Jordyn." he told me, pulling me to my feet. I sniffled and wiped my eyes again. 

"Can you take me home?" I whispered. James nodded sympathetically and kissed my cheek. 

"Let's go." 

♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋ (AT HOME AND A HOT SHOWER LATER)

"Honey? I'm home!" rang a familiar voice through the house. I squealed and ran down the stairs, my arms outstretched. I tackled Ben to the ground and we fell onto the sofa, making it jerk. I giggled and kissed his face multiple times. 

"Ben! Happy birthday! Happy birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I cheered, kissing him repeatedly. Ben chuckled and sat up, me in his lap. 

"Thank you!" He told me, dipping me and kissing my mouth. I giggled. 

Danny walked into the house and swung his keys making them land on the kitchen island. "HELLO!" He shouted to me. I smiled and gave him a small wave. 

"Hi, Danny!" 

Danny snickered and rolled his eyes. "How are you this fine morning?" 

"Wonderful." I said, staring into Ben's eyes. He smiled at me and kissed my nose and I blushed. 

"BEN?" shouted a voice. Ben glanced up and cocked his head. 

"JAMES?" 

"BEN!" James screamed, running down the steps of the stairs, stumbling a bit. 

"JAMES!!!" Ben screeched, pulling me off his lap gently. They ran at each other in slow motion until they reached each other. They pulled off a really bad make out scene, their lips missing each other by inches. 

"Faggots!" Danny called. They ran up to him and smothered him in kisses. Danny screamed pathetically. "Ben! Stop it! Ben! I'm taking James with me to get your car! Yeah! You fucking left it at the warehouse! Yeah! FUCK YOU TOO THEN!" 

As quickly as they arrived, they were gone. We were now alone. Ben smiled at me and leaned over kissing my cheek and sat next to me, pulling me up onto his lap so I was straddling him. 

"So...I beat up Andy-" He smiled up at me. 

"I heard about that." I mused, tracing his tattoos of the swallows with the words: Family First. I smiled at him and looked up, biting my lip. "You didn't have to do that, you know." 

Ben chuckled. "I promise you, I wanted to." 

I snickered and felt my hands travel down his arm and trace the other tattoos, then I traced the bottoms of his elbows, over the stars. He sighed happily and tossed his head back, groaning slightly. "Those beds were so fucking uncomfortable." 

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "You've slept in weirder places." I told him. He opened one eye and squinted at me, a smirk on his lips. "Do you wanna take a nap?" I asked him making my voice all whiny and pouty. Ben nodded and stuck out his bottom lip. 

"Please." 

I grabbed his hand and yanked him up the stairs, stumbling and nearly falling. Ben laughed at me and sank his teeth into his lip when he saw my expression. 

"Sorry!" He chuckled. "You're just so clumsy!" 

I made a face and wrinkled my nose. "Don't you have a session with my dad today?" 

Ben's face lit up. 

"Yeah! Our nap will have to be short, then." 

I grinned at his sadness and winked. "It's fine. We can have a mini nap." He laughed at me and then took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom. He wrapped his arms around my body and held me close. 

"I love you so much, Jordyn." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and turned around a little bit so our noses were touching. 

"I love you too." I replied, nuzzling his nose slightly. He snickered and then kissed my mouth. "I'll set an alarm for forty minutes. Okay?" 

Ben grunted and smiled. "Okay," he sighed. "So short, though." 

I pulled out Ben's phone and set a timer, then I snuggled back into him. "Good night." I mumbled. Ben laughed and kissed my head. 

"Good night." He replied.