Chapter Seven: Bookworms

POV from Ben

After lunch, I took Jordyn's hand and led her downtown. She was looking at all the shops in awe and she smiled at one in particular; an antique bookshop. 

"Let's go!" I said, dragging her into the bookstore. She's such a bookworm sometimes, it's adorable. She grinned wildly and walked into the room with me. I chuckled as her eyes swiped the books. There was an old woman who was at the front desk and she gave me a weary glance. I'm sure she thought we were trying to steal something or wreck her bookshop, I mean, who wouldn't? 

Jordyn squealed as she found a book. 

"Black Beauty! I love this book!" She waved the small book in my face. I chuckled. 

"What is it about?" I asked, sifting through the books. 

"It's a story from a horse's perspective. Makes us humans look like assholes." She smiled at me and kissed my cheek. 

"We have some old records downstairs." The woman from the desk grumbled, her voice sounding like sandpaper. 

Now it was my turn to squeal like a girl. Jordyn laughed at me and nodded to the book. 

"Do I have to check this out to go downstairs?" She asked. The woman shook her head. I grabbed her wrist and raced down the steps, she was giggling the whole entire way. I smirked and reached the bottom step, then swung her around and kissed her cheek. "Ben!" She giggled, setting herself down. I laughed and let her climb on my back and I started going through some old records. 

My phone started buzzing and I jumped slightly. Jordyn slid her hands into my back pocket and pulled it out then held it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I asked happily, moving Jordyn into a more comfortable position. 

"What are you doing?" Cam asked snickering. 

"We're at a bookstore." I said, pulling out some old Michael Jackson. "Why? What's it to you?" 

"You're in a bookshop?" Cam was laughing hysterically and I rolled my eyes. "Are you fucking with me right now? Holy shit. Guys, Ben's in a bookshop!" 

I heard someone making whipping sounds in the background. I rolled my eyes at my immature friends and pulled Jordyn off my shoulders, taking the phone from her. She curled up on the ground and started reading Black Beauty out loud. 

"Why are you calling me?" I asked resting the phone on my shoulder as I looked through more records. 

"It's about the party. We're ready." Cam said softly. "And you have to be here soon. We got everyone here. I had no idea she was friends with all of these people. Damn! I wish I was friends with all of these guys." 

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "She knows them all from her dad's therapy sessions." I nosed my way through some Phil Collins stuff. 

"Well, get here!" Cam roared. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. I turned to Jordyn who was giggling at a part in her book. 

"C'mon, Miss Ash." I nodded to the stairs. "Let's go check out." 

"So soon?" she frowned. I nodded. 

"Yeah, we have dinner reservations-" 

"BEN!" She shouted. She raced upstairs and I laughed, shaking my head. I Saw her checking out with the book and I frowned. 

"I was gonna buy that for you." 

"Shut up, Ben, it's not like it's our first date." she snickered at me. I smiled winked at her. 

"Feels like it." She blushed furiously and I smirked. "Alright. Should we stop by our place so you can change?" 

"Hell yeah." She muttered, her smile widening. "I'm not going to be going to a fancy dinner and be caught in this fandom shit." 

I rolled my eyes at her. "Alright."