Chapter Six: The Date

POV from Jordyn

He touched me and I tried to say no, but he didn't do anything about it. I felt like I was voiceless. So powerless. I should have called for help, but what good would that have done?  

Her words were so loud in my head. I walked aimlessly around the halls of the guitar shop. It was a large building. The signing was about the back area as it connected into a different shop. I guess I was in the different shop. 

"HEY!" Called a female voice. I flinched and looked up. There stood some girls that looked about eighteen or seventeen. The smiled nastily at me and I frowned. "Are you Ben's girlfriend?" 

I nodded once and they snickered. "Ew. She's so gross. At least Alicia was pretty." 

I blinked. Wow. These girls were annoying as hell. Did they think that this was okay? Did they think that Ben could possibly like them? Did they think he'd date them? 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Yeah. I heard she's a beauty." I said, trying to walk away from this conversation. For hell's sake, it was my birthday! I didn't need any of this. 

"I'll bet you Ben was drunk when he met her. And then when he woke up, he was like: Shit! What'd I get myself into?" chuckled a girl. I rolled my eyes again and bit my lip. "God, she's so fat compared to all of Ben's exes."

"Totally." agreed another voice said. I reddened and felt tears come into my eyes. 

"Jordyn? Are you over here?" called Sam's voice. I followed Sam's voice and ran up to him. Sam smiled at me. "Ben's looking for you to take you to lunch." Sam informed me. I gave him a half smile and instantly, he frowned. "What's going on? What's wrong?" He brushed his thumb over my cheek. I blushed and batted his hand away. 

"Nothing." I sighed, grabbing his hand. "Let's go." 

♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

"Ben, this is such a pretty place." I hummed happily, touching his hand. Ben smiled at me and looked at me over his menu. 

"I'm glad you like it. I asked for a place on the balcony." 

"It's wonderful." 

Ben grinned toothily at me and then looked at his menu again. "What are you thinking about?"

I sighed, my nail in my mouth as I smiled at him. "I'm thinking about you. You're so pretty." I winked at him. Ben looked up at me again and blushed, his teeth catching his lip rings. 

"I meant the menu, Jordyn. What are you thinking about food?" He laughed at me and watched me carefully over the plastic. I blushed deeper than him. 

"Oh. I don't know. I think I'm good with a hamburger." I muttered. The voice of that girl appeared in my head again. God, she's so fat compared to all of Ben's exes.

"Jordyn? Are you alright?" Ben breathed his hand on mine. I bit my lip. 

"Oh, yeah. Actually, I'll grab a salad instead. I can't eat too much meat right now." I said. Ben looked at me strangely. 

"Alright. I think I'll have some chicken. I'm in the mood for grease." I giggled. 

"Can I have some french fries?" I giggled, my nail back in my mouth. Ben nodded. 

"I think that can be arranged." I giggled and the waitress came over. 

"Are you ready to order?" She asked, looking bored. 

"Yeah." Ben smiled. "I'll have some chicken fingers...instead of beans, extra fries." I blushed and the woman wrote that down. 

"And for you, Doll Face?" She grinned down at me. I blushed. 

"Erm...the caesar salad sounds awesome." I smiled up at her. "Croutons please." 

"Yep." The woman took our menus and then walked away. I smiled at Ben as he sipped his drink casually. 

"So...tell me about Alicia." I said, my eyes averting down. I heard Ben choke on his drink and cough wildly. I chewed at my lip. I was treading in dangerous water. This could be the end of our relationship if this conversation goes all wrong. 

"Why do you want to know about her?" Ben asked, his hands fluttering a bit, feeling at his napkin. I sighed through my nose and looked away off the balcony. 

"I don't know. I think its good if we know more about each other's pasts." I looked up at him, my eyes shimmering with tears. Ben swallowed hard and looked down at his drink. 

"Where do you want me to start?" he sounded wounded. I licked my lips. 

"The beginning?" I questioned. Ben sighed. 

"The beginning. Do you want to know everything?" I nodded and Ben sighed. "Great. The beginning.

"I was stupid and young." he muttered, his eyes finding anything but me. "She was a groupie. How could I fall in love with a groupie? I was disgusting." I felt a small pang of guilt by him basically calling Alicia dirty, but it was true. I frowned and looked away again. "I gave her everything. She promised me we would be together forever. We were so perfect for each other." I bit at my lips and stared down at the table. "And then...I mean...she...I got to the point where I asked her to marry me. Of course, she said yes. And then...I was doing a gig...and I looked up, she's sucking face with someone else. I was so angry, I left the whole concert and smashed my guitar into the guy. She told me I was too violent and called off the wedding. I...I didn't know if I should be mad at myself or her." 

My stomach twisted. 

"I'm so sorry, Ben." I whispered. Ben shook his head and looked away. 

"It's-" the woman came back and gave us our food and smiled at us. 

"Is there anything I can get you guys?" She asked happily. 

"Ketchup." I croaked. She nodded and walked away, a swing in her step. I felt a hand on mine. 

"But she's in the past. She was my past." Ben said, sincere. "And you are my present and my future." 

I blushed like crazy. Yeah, it was cheesy as hell, but it was adorable and I loved him for it. I leaned over and gave him a kiss. He kissed me back and I giggled. 

"Here's your...ah...ketchup." She smiled at me as I drew away. Ben smirked at me as I started babbling at her. She winked and walked away. Ben laughed. 

"You're so funny, Jordyn."

"Shadup!" I giggled, digging into my salad.