Chapter Twenty Eight: Crazy...

POV from Sam

I knew she was fucking crazy. I knew it! It's a little too late now, isn't it Sammy-Boy? 

Shaking my head I ran my fingers through my hair. I was in a small room. It was basically a walk in closet with nothing in it. If anything, it looked like a haunted closet out of a scary movie that Danny and I were watching earlier. 

"Sit down, Sam. You're wasting your energy." Jordyn whispered. She was in the corner, shaking like a leaf. Her legs were drawn up to her chest, her arms wrapped around them keeping her as close as she could to herself. I swallowed hard and crawled up next to her, bumping her shoulder into mine. 

"This is too weird." I muttered, trying to make her happier. She shook her head sharply and buried her head in her arms. 

"Why is this happening to me?" she whimpered, "What did I do?" 

"Alicia is a crazy bitch!" I shouted the last part so Alicia could hear me. "And she needs to stop. I'm sorry-" 

"I couldn't stop him." Jordyn groaned, her head falling into my shoulder, deeper. I wrapped an arm around her, not knowing what to say. I heard everything that had happened between her and that guy, Tom; Alicia's partner in crime. Gritting my teeth, I held her close to me and listened to her sob. Shit. Why can't I make her stop crying? Now I feel really shitty about myself. "B-Ben must be s-so mad at me." 

"Ben would never be mad at you for something like that." I scoffed. She gave me a sideways longing look at the door and sighed loudly. 

“I’m not so sure.” She replied, her mouth quivering. “I should have checked in with Alyx and Alx if Adele was coming or not. I should have known. I have Adele’s number, fuck’s sake!” She started to cry again, but I carefully slid my arm around her shoulder. 

“I’m sorry.” I muttered. Dammit. I hated it when I didn’t know what to do. I felt hopeless next to her. How was I supposed to know what would make her feel better? I didn’t. I felt so angry at myself for not knowing what to do. I felt stupid. Like a baby. “Ben will come. I promise.” 

“Don’t make promises that you can’t keep, Bettley.” She murmured under her breath. I frowned and pulled her closer to me, her heartbeat pumping loudly in my ear. 

I sucked in my cheeks and began to hum something quietly, something that was on my mind. She perked up and nearly hit my face in the process. 

“Sam!” She shouted, covering her mouth quickly, her eyes wide. 

“What?” I whispered back. She started hitting my arm rapidly making me flinch and start to lightly hit her back. “What? What? What?” I finally snapped. 

“Sam, do you have your iPod?” she asked, bobbing her head slightly, her hitting stopped abruptly as I dug around in my pocket. 

“Yeah, but-”

She cut me off by snatching it out of my hands and she began to use it without my permission. 

“Hey!” I grumped. She made a face. 

“Worry about your porn later, Sam. Right now, I’m finding a way out of here.” 

I blushed deeply and slumped against the wall, my mind spinning. What was she doing?