Texas and Getting Scolded By Mother

The train would not take off until nine o'clock, so I had plenty of time to sit around and think about whither I wanted to do this or not. My mind wandered to my friends, friends who I'd only just began to get to know better and actually have a relationship with. Growing up I was never a very extroversive child, even now I am stand-offish.

How would they react when they find out I'm gone? How did they react, since I was quite sure they'd found out by now. My brain dwelled over the possibilities, I didn't know how Grover would feel. Out of every one I know him the least, but I do like him- he lightens the mood, I'm sure he'll miss me a little being with the two sticks in the mud. 

Annabeth would not be happy, she's probably cursing my name under her breath for abandoning them on our quest, but I knew she'd understand, family is family and she would carry on with out me- forcing the trio to keep moving.

Biting my lip, my heart faltered a little as I thought about Percy's reaction to all this. How would he feel? Angry? Disappointed? Sad? Understanding? I was sure it would be a mixture of all of those, he was a caring guy and he knew I would need some space. But I also knew that he would try and come after me to help, hopefully Annabeth keeps a firm mind and tells him straight. We are here to save his mother and the whole world, he shouldn't be concerned with my problems.

They are my problems. That's why I left them all with out a good bye, I needed to leave before they found out or else they'd either try to reason with me or come with me, neither of these would help anyone. 

But still, if Percy asked to come... I think I would let him. There is no doubt in my mind about the way I feel for Percy. He's something... something else. It's the way he holds himself and how nice he is, plus he's self-less, he was some how the exact opposite of me and yet that's what I was drawn to about him.

I'm an extremely selfish person, I'll admit it, and I'm most definitely not nice. Or any of the other characteristics Percy is, and yet...

"Olivia, what are you doing my child?" Artemis's voice sounded sweet and concerned in my head.

"I'm going to get my sister, who's alive." I responded voicelessly. Artemis didn't respond right away, but I could feel her presence in my head, she sent shocks through my brain and I could sense her fear as I brought up my sister. 

"Penelope... You must not go looking for her. She's is not in your fate right now." 

I felt chills run down my spine. "So, you were aware of her still being alive?"

"Yes." Her voice didn't waver from her goddess authority, as if she was not wrong about hiding this truth from me.

Many different emotions and words flew through my mind, but I couldn't bring myself to dwell on any of them, I had always figured that Artemis was keeping something from me and that feeling was still as present as ever. The gods carry many things in their hearts. Growling, I noticed that Artemis was still dwelling inside my head, the connection sending tremors through my brain. "Any thing else?"

Artemis took a deep breath and I could feel her soften up and let out a low sigh. "Yes... stay away from that Jackson boy. I will only say this once. He is no good for you and will only bring trouble in the long run, you will be sure to sever any ...romantic.. ties with this boy. Zeus will not hear of this relationship between the two forbidden children, Olivia." She paused trying to keep her authoritative tone under control. "...I too know how tempting the children of Poseidon are, they are very charming- I didn't think that my faults would be passed to you, but it seems that you too have fallen prey to it. I'm sorry for all the pain you've had this past night... Especially under the circumstances.. Especially because of today." Then she was gone with a snap, sending my brain reeling and a major headache to form.