happiness

Be John ====>

You were laying on the beach, waiting for Dave and Sollux to get back. It scared you a bit that you'd apparently died. "Thank the sea gods he has time powers..." you mumbled. Kai looks over at you, making grabby hands for you to pick him up. You sigh, scooting over to him and letting him climb into your arms as you sit waiting. As you sat there, you remember a mermaid or merman. You have bad memory sometimes. You remember that today was that girlygirl's birthday. "Say happy birthday, Kai!" you bounced him a bit on your tail. "Haappp daaayy!" he managed to get out. "Goood job! I'm so proud of you... You're just so cute!" you said slowly. Bad thoughts were creeping into your head, making you hug kai a bit tighter. "....What if he doesn't come back, Kai...?" you said softly, your voice a bit shaken. Kai turns and hugs your face tightly, not letting go. "...Thanks, Kai" you said muffled with a small laugh.

"I leave for like 10 minutes and you're already sad. Wow. " Dave said as he walked out of the water. You squeaked, not looking just knowing he is naked and threw him some clothing. After a minute, he said he was done so you took Kai off your face and smiled. If Kai had legs, he would've jumped on Dave by now, but he can't yet. Instead, he just screeched happily and rolled to Dave till he picked him up. "Heey there, lil man! I wanted to personally thank you back there. You tried to warn me but, I was an idiot. Heck, we all were." Dave was cut off by Karkat who was hugging Sollux " ARE IDIOTS."
"Wow, rude much Kitkat?" Dave said glaring.
" WHAT THE FUCK IS A KITKAT?" He asked angrily. "Oh, nothing. Anyways, Sollux, why did Eridan send you out to die?" you asked him.
"Well it'2 2imple really... The fir2t rea2on wa2 becau2e I had found out about Karkat. The 2econd was becau2e I dumped him for Karkat." Sollux said simply. "....Makes sense." you and Dave said slowly in unison. "Yo Egderp, where is my brother? " Dave asked you, making your face go red. "...Um...Uh....See, about that..." you said, looking away. " About what, John?" He asked, annoyed and confused that you wouldn't tell. "....You remember how Jake was in heat...? And what happened when I was in heat...?" you said slowly. Dave looked at you from behind his shades then he had a sudden look of realization. "OOOOOHH.... Oh. OH!". You look down as Dave comes over pulling you onto his lap. You guys just sit there for a while, waiting on Jake and Dirk. Soon, after about 30 minutes, Dirk comes out of the forest holding a sleeping Jake. Dave gave him a smirk but Dirk just flicked him off. He laid Jake down over his lap so he could pet him. You were about to speak when a helicopter flew overhead, stopping over the place where you all were sitting. Fear struck hard, making your eyes widen and your heart beat faster. Dave knew what to do. He picked you and Kai up and threw the both of you into the water. Dirk gave Jake to Sollux and Karkat as they retreated into the ocean.
After a few minutes, the helicopter landed on the beach leaving, Dave and Dirk all sandy. The pilot got out then walked over to Dave and Dirk. They took off their helmet to show blonde hair right above shoulder length. They all talked for a bit and hugged as well, making you confused. Karkat smacked Jake awake as this was going on. They all nod then Dave walks over to the water and calls for you all to come back. " JOHN, DONT GO ! WHAT IF HE SOLD YOU? WHAT IF HE WAS PLAYING YOU?!" Karkat yelled at you. Worry filled your heart, but you handed him Kai and swam to shore anyway. When you got there, Dave pulled you out of the water and over to the lady. " John, this is Roxy, our cousin in England. She is in the army and as you can see, she is a pilot." He said showing you off to her. She had pink eyes, making you relax "...Ah... I see." You let out a sigh of relief before calling everyone to come over. It took awhile, but they all came out of the water. Dirk went over and grabbed Jake and brought him over. Kai did the rolling thing but to Roxy. "Aw! There's a baby merman! So cute!" she said picking Kai up. " Where are your parents, little one?" she asked playing with Kai. He turns his head and points at you and Dave. "....You go missing for 3 months and you have a baby Dave?" She asked amused. " Shut up. It's a long story." Dave barks at her. " Well, you can tell me on the way back come on." She said putting kai down heading back to the helicopter. "What do you mean by on the way back...?" Dirk raised an eyebrow at her and crossed his arms. "On the way back to England, you idiot. We're leaving." She said getting into the helicopter. This made your heart race once again " Dave, you're leaving me and Kai?!" you wanted to cry, but also kill Dave for this. " What? No, no, I'm not! Roxy, I'm not going with you." Dave said, calming you down. "Yeah. Sorry, Roxy but I'm gonna stay here too." Dirk said. She looked at us like we were crazy. "What the fuck? You want to stay stranded?!" She yelled, making the both of them nod. "Why?!" She said getting out her helicopter. Dave and Dirk both held you and Jake tighter. "....Oh... I see... Well...Shit, they can't come back with us?!" Roxy said annoyed. "I know that." Dirk said.
"Actually, if we stayed in our human forms then, yes, we could." Jake said, making you all look at him. " We would just have to be by the sea is all." he added. "Well, that's great! I have a beach house secluded from everything. It's a private beach, only 40 minutes from the town. So, let's go!" She said, pointing to the helicopter . "But... What about Karkat and Sollux and-" you were scared and didn't want to leave him. "He can come live in the waters private beach. I mean, I own the beach and half the waters. There are a few caves as well and some good fishing grounds. That said, can we leave now...?" She said once again. There was a long pause Jake said something about the other pink sea god lady being drunk and pushy all the time. The pause was broken when a familiar face coming out of the water. " JAKE" she yelled. " Jane?!" Jake said back. "JOHN" she then yelled at you " Woah, what!?" You said back. " Don't you 'what' me! I have been so worried for the both of you. I thought you guys were dead or at least in jail and and and--" she was cut off from her rant by Roxy going over and squatting down to her. " Who are you, beautiful ?" She asked a bit seductive. "I...I am Jane; one of the many healer's in my city... May I ask who you are?" Jane said with a mix of fear and calm. "I'm Roxy and I want to get foxy with you, cutie" she said a but slurred. " Yep... She's drunk..." Dave mumbled.
Jane blushed hard, looking down at the floor. " Dirk? Dave? I guesssss we could stay for awhile." Roxy said, making flirty eyes at Jane. "Then, we can move you guys to the beach house" she added making you happy. Karkat just stayed quiet for once. "I'm okay with going anywhere that has you and my family." you said snuggling. "Good. Cause we wouldn't go anywhere without you" Dave said kissing your temple. He was such a softie when he wasn't trying to be cool.