The Waterfall (Ch8)

Temmie and I had just left class with a huge writing assessment, and it was due next week.

  "Temmie, are you gonna do the report?" I asked groggily. I didn't get much sleep. I stayed at Alphys and Mettaton's house to watch half of the Mew Mew Kissy Cutie season. It was pretty good though.

  Temmie was so jittery and excited, but I guess she went to bed earlier than me. Either that or just her normal behavior kicking in. But Temmie was being Temmie, which was her best side.

  I sluggishly walked back to the dorms, hoping to plop on my bed, put aside my work, and just sleep. But I had to do well and succeed. Toriel helped me find some books on monster anatomy and behaviors. She even gave me some guidance herself.

  "I am, actually. But! We have to go to a spot that is dear to me! I think you'll like it, too!" Temmie said cheerfully.

"What place are you talking about?" I said with a yawn.

"Oh, it's just the waterfall. But it's really peaceful! It's got lily pads, glowing mushrooms, and even a few residents. Like that duck," Temmie recalled. She smiled and clapped her hands together.

"It sounds really relaxing and beautiful," I said calmly. Just thinking about it eased my nerves.

"Yep. It just holds a sentimental memory for me. I'm hoping you'll enjoy the place," Temmie said quickly. It started to rain again. At least it wasn't getting too cold for snow.

As we walked in the rain, I blissfully looked at flowers. Usually, there was a flower beside the dorms, but it was gone today.

"How strange," I whispered to myself.

****************

  Once we got in, I threw my assignment on my desk, and flopped onto my bed. Temmie hopped over with a disapproving look.

  "You're not going to do it?" She asked with confused eyes. Her hairy eyebrow raised up.

  "I'm going to do it. Just give me a minute," I said. I heaved a sigh.

  "Alright, but I was thinking that we go to the waterfall and do it there tomorrow," Temmie said while turning on her TV.

  "Sounds like a plan," I said, pulling my blanket towards me.

  "Are you tired, Stephanie?" Temmie asked.

  "Yeah," I replied. "I stayed at Alphys's house for too long. And I only managed to watch half of the anime series."

  "Mettaton didn't even notice?"

  "Oh no, he did," I said back. "I just told him that I had to get at least halfway."

  "Look where that got you," Temmie said with a yip. I laughed a little too.

  Temmie looked back at me. "You know, I've always wanted to bring my shop here at college. Even though someone already payed me to go, it would be nice to pay them back."

  "Temmie that's really considerate. I say yes to that idea," I said trying to be enthusiastic. But I was falling asleep, leaving emotions behind.

  Temmie jumped like an excited puppy. "Maybe after this assignment, I'll open up shop!"

  "That.. Sounds cool," I said while drifting to sleep. I could still hear Mettaton's voice in the background.

  My eyes were slowly closing, but Temmie waved them awake.

  "Hey look! He's mentioning you!" She said with her paws in the air.

  "What?" I said while flying up.