Chapter 11

I stare at him, in complete and utter shock. He was just as perfect since the last time I'd seen him. Same long dark hair, that would turn at the edge of his brows, same deep set eyes, same light pink lips. Even his smile was the same, which made me want to fall down. "What are you doing here?" I asked in a loud whisper.

"My Uncle Will lives around three miles away, and I'm visiting for his birthday," he said.

I looked at his perfectly set eyes, and suddenly remembered the Winter Formal last year. His rented tux, and my off-the-rack purple dress. His old pick-up truck that fetched me at my place and my dress getting caught at the door. I remember the song we danced to; it was our first dance together. I remember wrapping my arms around his neck, with his hands at my waist. I remember staring into the same eyes, so lost in the moment. In that moment, I swear it felt like it was just the two of us.

"I knew you lived nearby, because you told me. And I know that surfing is your everything," he went on. I couldn't hold back my smile. He remembered. "So I looked through a few of the towns that had houses lined up by the beach, like their own little village. Looks like I found the right one; this was my first choice."

I was still speechless. I didn't know what to say to him. My mind was blurred with thoughts and memories. For a moment I stood there, completely still. "Do you want to come inside for a minute?" I asked him. I didn't know what I was doing, inviting my ex inside my house.

"If its not a bother."

I shook my head and took the lead. He followed me to my place, making sure to keep a safe distance behind me. I was thankful my parents were gone and off to that benefit. They'd get all protective over me especially being with a boy. But Dylan would never do that to Tobias, no. He was practically his friend. I remember when he'd come over to our apartment, he and Dylan would play video games for hours, until Tobias would finally say, "sorry, mate. I'm here for Stella."

I let Tobias leave his board on the porch before we walked in the sliding door, and called out for Dylan. I overheard him in the kitchen, on the phone. I found him talking to an old buddy over Skype. They seemed to be in a deep conversation, but when he saw Tobias, he ended the call with no goodbyes whatsoever. "Well if it isn't that guy who broke my sister's heart," he said.

"Oh my god, I thought you'd be cool with Tobias," I demanded. He laughed and put his hands up.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he said to me before turning to Tobias. "Man, I haven't seen you in a while." They did a bro kind of hug and went to catching up. They talked for almost ten minutes without even realizing I was gone in my room to change. I didn't blame them.

A couple moments later, the doorbell rings. I get scared, hoping it isn't someone I knew. As soon as anyone like mom, dad, maybe even Kianna, they would go crazy. I rushed to my bedroom window, and looked out. It was just a pizza guy, and Dylan paying.

Before going into the kitchen, I passed Dylan's room and grabbed a t-shirt that Tobias could wear. He was, after all, walking around my house, sitting on my couch, shirtless.

I got Dyl's black v-neck shirt, and tossed it to Tobias as I entered the kitchen. He thanked me and put it on. It was a little big on him, but it would do. Dylan pushed the door open with his back, carrying a box of pizza. "Why don't you guys wait on the porch? I'll heat this up, stupid guy delivered me cold pizza," Dylan offered.

Tobias led me out of my own house, and to the porch with a clear view of the beach. We sat on chairs across each other, which made things awkward. There was nothing but silence between us. Not even pizza. I pretended not to care, just listen to the waves crashing on the surface of the sand. I texted Kianna that he was here, and turned my phone on silent.