Chapter 9

"Wait, money?" I asked Dylan. My brother had called me up during my "date" with Colin. Which I was glad I was missing out for a while.

"Wait, Colin?" he asked me smirking. I could almost see his face through his phone.

"What?" I sat on the bench outside and laid my crutches by my side.

"I. Thought. You. Liked. Josh." he said, even adding the pauses in between. I heard him the first time he said it, but clearly ignored.

I scoffed. "Well, I don't. And why do you need money?"

"I lost four hundred bucks when our baseball team lost. I can't go to mom or dad; they'll kill me, Stells. Help me." I felt bad for him.

"But Dyl, that would be all my money."

He didn't reply. It felt like I was talking to air.

"Dylan?" I called. Still no reply. I wondered where he went. I repeated his name looking like an idiot.

"What?" he asked, his voice was aggressive. I heard him laugh over the phone.

"What the hell?"

"Just trying to waste your dating time."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll call you back when I get home, okay?" I hung up and went back in.

I saw Colin with his hands rested on his face. He looked disappointed in a way. "You okay?" I asked as I sat down. He startled when I spoke.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," he replied rubbing his hands on the table.

I nodded and went back to my dessert. I split it with Colin, since he didn't order any dessert, and the cheesecake slice was pretty big.

We spent the night talking about him instead of me. He let me talk about me the entire night, which I felt was a little uncomfortable. And a little bit awkward.

I paid attention to Colin as he spoke, since he seemed to be really interested in my background, which creeped me out a bit. Don't get me wrong, I liked Colin. I truly did, it's just that Kianna's words really got to me. "Be careful." Oh, how that got me thinking. I told myself not to get sucked in to his good looks, and his charming attitude.

"Yeah, and it was a bust," he said talking about his ex, Olivia. I laughed with him, not even knowing why, but it seemed polite to do so. He cleared his throat loudly. "Listen, Stella," he said. His eyes were locked on mine staring at me with this handsome gaze, but I again reminded myself not to get sucked in. "I was wondering." He added these dramatic pauses in between phrases. "Would you be." Another pause. He again cleared his throat. "Be my girlfriend?"

I sat there staring at him. What would I say to that? And why the hell was he asking? "Uhh," I mumbled. I swallowed hard. My mind was racing through different events. I felt amazingly dizzy. It felt like a hurricane was blowing away anything that would try and get in its way. I finally found the most decent answer there was, but it wasn't even good enough. Even so, I said, "maybe a few more dinners until we can see what this is." I wanted to let out an enormous sigh of relief, but instead, I was polite enough to continue listening to him gab about himself.

On the ride home, Colin played his music really soft. I honestly didn't understand why he was playing it. Josh mentioned he hated house or electronic music. Maybe it was all in his impressing shenanigans. It was pretty obvious. The whole day he'd been acting weird, and plus, Natalie let me in on his secret. He told her everything.

"He's just trying to impress you," Natalie spilled, "he tells me everything, if you should know." I had told her, Lilia and Kianna at the table when Josh left to check on Colin during lunch.