Chapter 1 - The New Guy

"OMG!" a familiar voice shouted while jumping on my back. I whirled. "What the hell, Amber?" "Sorry, Lily. I just got excited. There's a new boy and everyone's saying he is super hot!" she said, grinning. "And I should care why?" I said, shutting my locker. "Because he might be the one!" she replied eagerly. "No, Amber. Not interested. Besides, if he's that hot he's probably a player or at least a bad boy." "Just because he's a bad boy doesn't mean he won't fall in love with you!" Amber objected. "Amber, no. If you want to check him out go right ahead, but I'm not coming with you. I don't care about this new guy." "Fine, grumpus. I'll go and see if he's a player." "Just don't come back with a hickey on your neck," I warned. She punched me on the shoulder.

                                                                              ***

"So how was your visit with Mr. Bad Boy?" I asked Amber as we were getting our stuff for 4th period.    "That guy is the hottest I've ever seen! He attracted a swarm of girls just walking down the halls. He's definitely a player, though. He made out with four different girls in 1st period." "God, I hope you weren't one of them," I joked. "Come on, Lil. Don't harass me. I hate players just as much as you do." "Oh and by the way his name is Ryder." "Mmm," I mumbled, uninterested. We then walked together to history.

  I looked around but didn't see anybody new. The tardy bell rang, and I hurriedly sat down. Two minutes later, as Mr. Lawrence was taking attendance, a very hot guy strolled in. "Nice of you to finally join us, Mr. Smith," the teacher said. "You can sit in that empty seat over there, next to Lily." I groaned inwardly. Amber pointed at the dude and mouthed, Ryder. As if I hadn't already figured that out. He sauntered over and smirked when he caught me gazing at his 6-pack. He sat down and Mr. Lawrence began talking. I tried to pay attention, but Ryder kept scooting closer to me. After a minute or so, I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked at Ryder, and he was smirking. "Hands OFF!" I ordered. "Okay, geez." He removed his hand. The rest of the period went by without incident.

                                                                                  ***

Amber met me at my locker after last period. We hung around, chatted about an upcoming mall visit. Amber was telling me about how she couldn't survive without new converses when Ryder walked up. "Hey," he said to me. "You wanna come have a little alone time with me this Friday?" he asked, smirking. "In your dreams, bitch," I said."Ouch. I'm wounded," he said, twisting back and placing a hand to his chest. He straightened up, then went over to a pretty girl's locker and started making out with her. I shook my head in disgust. "What a fucking player."