I guess the reason was

Jon's P.O.V

We are going to see the Chicago cubs baseball game today. It's going to be a good game. They are playing the Blue Jays. I hope they win. It's just the four of us going. I'm so happy Ace is going, my past girlfriends have never wanted anything to do with sports, except for Annie. I just hope the cubs win. When we arrived there the stadium was packed. I started laughing when Pat and Ace started singing "take me out to the ball game." It was hilarious. We took our seats and the game began. The first pitch was the rapper/singer, Drake. It was a pretty good pitch.

4th inning.

The game was going good so far, the cubs were up 6 runs to 2. I decided I was going to go get some food. "Hey guys, anyone want some food, I'm going to the canteen." I asked them. Ace wanted a snickers bar, Pat wanted a hot dog and Beth wanted a twix. I went down to the canteen to get everything. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Dan. Ace's ex boyfriend. "You better back off my girl, buddy, she said you were checking her out the other day."

"First off, I wasn't to that, and second, Ace is not your girl." I said.

"Not Amy, that one over there, the pretty one." He said pointing to some fake girl. I just walked away. I grabbed the food and went back to everyone. I sat by Pat. "Hey Pat, I just saw Dan."

He turned to look at me. "You did! Did he say anything to you?"

"Yah, he told me to back of his girl, and not Ace, some fake I've never seen before in my life." I said.

"Yah, well just ignore him, he was probably just trying to get you off your game."

I nodded and turned back to the game.

9th inning

The Cubs were still winning but 10-5. The kiss cam was coming on soon. Shit. They did this old married couple then A young couple and now they doing one more. I looked up at the screen and saw me and Ace. Serioulsy, out of this while stadium, why us??? Well its not so bad, actually, I have no idea why I was complaining. This is great. I grabbed her fav and smashed my lips into hers. The game ended and she ran out. I looked at Beth and Pat and they looked confused. I ran after her. I guess she ran home so I did to. I didn't want to talk to her since obviously she doesn't like me. I went into my room.

-After my nap-

I was awoken by Pat screaming at me. "Jon get in here!" He sounded scared so I ran. I went into the room and looked around. I didn't see him. I heard the slam shut and a lock click. I tried the door but it was locked. Then It opened and Ace was thrown in. I guess they want us to talk. "We will let you out when you talk." Beth said, that answered my question. "I guess we have to talk." I said. "Why did you kiss me?" She asked. "Listen, I knowing been a jerk but that was because I just broken up with my girlfriend and it hurt me a lot."

"I thought you hated me and you were being so rude I did it right back." She said.

"I'm sorry, the reason was I guess I was hiding my feelings for you." I said looking into her eyes.

"I guess the reason was for me to run away, I didn't want you to be another Dan or I didn't want to be a rebound." She said.

"You will never be a rebound. You will always be special to me." I whispered . She blushed, and this time, she leaned in and kissed me.