Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

My mom always told me that when going to an interview, I should wear nice clothes. That always seemed to impress a boss, or whoever’s interviewing you.

Only problem was that everything nice that I owned burned down in the fire. And I would not go to this audition-interview thing looking like crap. I wouldn’t get whatever job singing thing they’d consider me for.

So being the smart girl that I am, I called up Cassandra. She came to the house with a black pencil skirt and white business like shirt. She then put my hair up in a messy bun, and she put mascara, blue eyeliner, red lipstick, and blush on. She then painted my toes red and have me a pair of black stilettos.

I felt like I was going back to the strip club.

“CASSANDRA!! It’s 8:50!! We have to be there at 9:00!” I screamed, looking at the time.

“They won’t mind once they see you step in there, sexy babe!” She laughed, patting my back.

“No Cassandra! We need to leave. Now!” I ran (as best as I could in extremely high heels) to her car and strapped myself in. Cassandra slowly trotted behind me, only making me more frustrated. She finally stepped in the car and started it up.

“Can you drive any faster?!” It was 8:55, and I was getting really nervous. Cassandra’s GPS said we were three blocks away, and traffic was only getting worse by the minute. I would never make it there by 9:00.

I had to get there. Now.

I unlocked her door and stepped out of the car.

“What are you doing, Rae?! We’re almost there!!”

“Almost there isn’t there though! I have to get there             NOW!!!!” I yelled, closing the door behind me.

A few cars honked at me, but I ignored it and maneuvered my way around the small cars, taxis, and other cars jammed up in the traffic. I couldn’t run in these shoes. They were burning my legs. I took them off and put them in my hands. Time to run two blocks in….three minutes.

I can do this.

Well, I thought I could do it.

It was a little awkward to run in a sexy pencil skirt, since, well girls in sexy pencil skirts aren’t really supposed to run. So I’m sure the skirt ripped. In fact, it was probably barley hanging on my waist by the time I ran into the studio. I ran to the lady in the front desk and she gave me a weird look.

“Can I help you?” she asked in a very disapproving voice. Oh yeah, I forgot to put my shoes back on. Plus, I probably looked like a wreck since I sprinted two blocks to get here.

“I’m looking for a man named….Damien.”

She pointed towards an elevator. “Top floor.”

Damnit! The elevator ride would take forever! I was already late enough! Opening the doors, I ran inside the elevator, slamming into someone.

I looked up to apologize and gaped.

Mystery guy.

“I keep on bumping into you.” He said chuckling. I just stood there, freaking out. This was like what, the third time I’ve seen him?! “Hey? What floor?”

“Top floor.” I coughed.

“So you’re auditioning?”

“Auditioning?”

“Well we don’t take everyone now do we?” I gave him a weird look, but before I could talk to him, we landed on the top floor.

He walked out first and wished me luck.