Midnight Robberies

The shadows concealed me as I awaited my next victim. Truthfully, it always amazed me how many people are stupid enough to walk home by themselves on dark nights like these.

I didn't have to wait long before a teenage girl came walking briskly into my territory. Her hands were shoved deeply into the pockets of her grey hoodie, and her hood came up to shield her face from the wind. In addition to the sweatshirt, she wore jeans and a pair of black flats.

She didn't notice me as she came closer to my hiding spot, and just when she was about to pass, I popped out and blocked her path.

"Oops, excuse me," she apologized when she ran into me. She turned to walk around me but I stepped into her path again, "Is there a problem here?"

I pulled the gun out and played with it, not pointing it at her just yet, "You're being mugged. I suggest you make your way into that alley," I pointed lazily in its direction.

She rolled her eyes but obeyed, "I don't have time for this," she muttered.

"Yeah, well I don't have time for that attitude, so drop it."

She raised her hands in defeat and I now pointed my pistol at her perfectly trimmed eyebrows.

"Money. Now."

"Bit pushy, don't you think?" she asked as she pulled a wad of cash from her pocket and held it out to me.

I was about to reach out and take it when a blur passed in front of my face. When I looked back at the girl's hand, the money was gone. She stared at it in confusion while I groaned in frustration.

"Swift!" I growled loudly.

"Yes, sugar?" the blur materialized into a grinning boy standing directly in front of me. His blonde hair was brushed back in a permanently windswept style that made it look like he was just traveling at 300 miles per hour. Which he was, and frequently reminded us of.

That boy has a bigger ego than most heroes I know.

He was dressed in an deep, ocean blue suit with a black mask similar to my own.

"I'll be having my money back now," I huffed impatiently and held out my hand.

He chuckled, "Your money!" he sped over to stand behind the girl, gripping her waist and purring in her ear, "I believe it was the girl's."

She yelped and jumped away in surprise, which only made him cackle louder.

"Swift! You're breaking the Villain's Oath," I growled.

He sped into a blur again and I felt a sudden weight in my pocket, "Relax, darling," he purred in my ear now, but he knew better than to touch me. I'd electrocute him in a heartbeat, "I was just having some fun."

I reached into my pocket, confirmed he had returned the money, then grinned at him, "Thanks, doll. Now why don't you run along home."

He winked at me before speeding out of sight.

I brought my fingers up to massage my temples and grumbled, "Villains," under my breath.

The girl cleared her throat, "Can I go home now?"

I waved her away and started on my own path elsewhere.

As soon as she disappeared from sight, a voice sounded behind me.

"Hey, sugar," Swift taunted.

"God, you're like a feral cat I can't get rid of!" I grumbled.

"Well, you know what they say, feed me and I'll keep coming back," he grinned.

"I haven't fed you nothing," I shot back and continued walking.

"That's a double negative," he teased and came to match my step.

"God, Victor. You're so annoying," I moaned.

"I try," he grinned again.

"Can't you go find some hero to torment?"

"Funny, that's just what the hero said," he quipped.

I groaned in frustration.

"Seriously. Don't you have something better to do?" I turned to glare at him.

He mentally counted off several things on his fingers before saying, "Nope."

I groaned again.

"Hey, you wanna go rob a bank or something?" he suggested.

"With you?" I chuckled, "Pass."

He deflated a bit, but recovered quickly, "What about a Walmart? Those are usually interesting at this time of night."

Shit. That sounds fun. I narrowed my eyes at the teen. He knew he caught my attention and smirked in triumph.

I groaned, "Fine. Meet me downtown in seven seconds."

He raised his eyebrow in surprise but decided to nod anyway. With that, I grabbed onto a power line and traveled rapidly across the city.

When I re-materialized in the Walmart parking lot, Victor was already waiting for me, leaning casually against a street lamp. He shrugged off and sped over to me, "Pretty impressive, sugar. When did you learn to do that."

"Recently," I shrugged.

He shrugged back and grinned, "Okay. Let's go party with the weird people."

Swift was too fast to use the motion sensor door, so I had to walk up and open it for him.

Once he'd slipped inside, I walked in smugly and shot two rounds into the ceiling. A few people screamed and got down to the ground. I smirked and hopped up onto one of the counters. One of the cashiers, a twenty some year old, cowered beneath me. His name tag read Rick. I winked at him before turning to address the shoppers.

"Okay people," I announced, looking around at the cowering customers, "Those of you who do not wish to be shot, electrocuted, or endlessly tormented by Swift, I strongly suggest you drop all of your money and get the hell out."

Nobody moved at first but when I shot at the ceiling again, they sprung into action. They opened their wallets and purses and dropped the contents where they stood before rushing to the exit.

Now Swift came in. He sped around, emptied all of the cash registers, and picked up all the cash in less than three seconds. He then proceeded to count it at high speed and hand me my share. It was a satisfyingly heavy bundle, and I saluted to him before grabbing onto a light switch and zooming out.

^

^

^

^

Hey readers! Johanna is racking up the dough, isn't she? This chapter is dedicated to stardragon98 for wanting to see a villain with super speed. Hope you liked it!