A Super Smack Down

Saturday came fairly quickly. At noon, I zoomed into the power lines and met Victor a few blocks down from the mall's main entrance. We were both dressed in civilian clothes to avoid any unwanted attention. Unfortunately, I had my suit stashed away in my bag for when I needed to change into it. Anything larger than a mugging requires my full attire. I can't risk anyone recognizing me on the news.

"So what's the plan?" Victor asked in a shy, timid voice. His alter ego was so astonishing different from his true self.

"First of all, add a little confidence," I chastised.

He sighed dramatically, stood up a little straighter, and looked me in the eye. I assessed him with a finger perched thoughtfully on my chin.

He wore a light blue, almost grey, button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Beneath that, he sported a pair of khakis and some sandals. I reached up and plucked the glasses from his face, knowing that he could see perfectly fine without them, and ruffled up his no longer drastically windswept hair. His golden locks now came down to tickle the tips of his ears and I could just make out a faint stubble on his chin. At this point, he was almost unrecognizable to me. It's always weird seeing someone out of costume.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" he asked, his voice timid again.

"Hey," I said, "Be confident."

He bit his lip.

"Repeat after me," I instructed, "I'm Victor Greyson and I have confidence."

He hesitated but complied, "I'm Victor Greyson and I have confidence."

"I'm Victor Greyson and I'm too bad for my own good."

"Johanna, this is ridiculous," he argued.

"Say it."

He sighed, "I'm Victor Greyson and I'm too bad for my own good."

"I'm Victor Greyson and I'm going to get the girl."

He bit his lip, his eyes flitting away momentarily before looking back at me with a newfound confidence, "I'm Victor Greyson and I'm going to get the girl."

"Excellent," I smiled. I shoved him lightly towards the the entrance, "Now get in there and text me when you find someone."

He let out a shaky breath before stalking off into the building.

I didn't have to wait long until my phone buzzed.

Victor

Macy's. She's a redhead and I just heard her talking about a big breakup with her friend. -V

K. I'll be there in 5. -J

I grabbed onto the nearest line I could find and zapped into a bathroom. Thankfully, it was empty, and I changed quickly into my cursed spandex.

I left my backpack hanging on the door hook and crawled out of the locked stall, taping an 'Out of order' sign to the front. That ought to keep people out of my stuff.

Satisfied, I grabbed onto a light above the sink and zoomed out to the Macy's entrance.

I don't know why, but I always seemed to favor my pistol over my electricity. I guess it sends the 'I mean business' vibe pretty well. It's more of an attention grabber.

I lifted said pistol towards the ceiling and fired. A few people screamed and everyone snapped their heads in my direction. I smiled maliciously as my eyes wandered over the customers. I caught sight of Victor standing near some red headed chick and assumed that was who he was going for.