A Sour Super

The Golden Bullet

Lightning Pulse electrocuted me. That was not part of the plan. My muscles had twitched for days, but the spasms are finally starting to subside.

She, on the other hand, has not been spotted for days, which somewhat comforts me. She's probably down sulking in her hole over the wounds I caused her. I highly doubt she is healed already. I saw that bullet rip through her side, and I know she broke more than a few ribs when I slammed her through the floor.

Some part of me nagged on about how I should be out doing more superhero type deeds, but I can't find myself motivated to do much while Lightning Pulse is absent from the streets. Nothing matters but her pain, her downfall.

I ran my fingers through my shaggy blonde hair and stood in front of the mirror. Lifting up my shirt, I stared with annoyance at the fading blue bruises that danced across my chest, adequately mapping the path of surging electricity that pulsed through me only a few days before. In the dead center, you could just make out the outline of her hand as she sent the electricity through me.

She is definitely going to pay for the pain she caused me.

Then the idea hit me. She was a villain. Villains were stupid and predictable. She probably wanted revenge on me as much as I wanted revenge on her. If I made myself known, she might come after me.

A feral grin spread across my lips and I rushed to my closet to grab my suit of white and gold. Time for revenge.

***

I love the feeling of weightlessness that comes with flying. There is just something so exhilarating about being suspended in the air. I currently floated above the clouds, my back facing towards the Earth and my face turned towards the gradually darkening sky. As I lazily flipped over, I watched the churning water vapor of the clouds below me turn a soft yellow in the dying light of the sun.

I almost felt at peace, but as my breath become more labored in the lower oxygen levels of the stratosphere, I remembered what I came out here to do. Lure the villainess out of hiding.

In a single, swooping motion, I plunged into the puffs of white, emerging from the bottom slightly damp. Coming to hover slightly above the ground, I touched down on the sidewalk and started walking.

I got some strange stares from those around me, but it didn't effect me. It's to be expected. I walked on, letting the normal people view me as a god, even going so far as to smile and nod to groups of pretty girls. They giggled in response.

It was just as I was walking past a supermarket that a woman came up to me. I almost flinched as my eyes landed on her face. Streaks of runny mascara streamed down her cheeks, making her resemble some sort if demon from the last horror movie I watched. The snot in her nose was bubbling slightly.

"What is it, ma'am?" I slipped effortlessly into a deep baritone. I looked down curiously at the hand that desperately clutched at my arm.

"Please," her voice was wobbly, but I gave her some credit for at least trying not to fall apart, "My son. The market. He's still in there."

My eyes lit up as I looked up at the store. There was a villain in there, and I intended to find out just which one it was.

"Don't you worry, ma'am," I turned back to look at her, "I'll get him out."

With that, I turned and sprinted towards the front entrance, floating slightly to enhance my speed.

I slowed down and waited for the automatic doors to admit me into the building.