The Reveal

"Johanna? Johanna are you okay?" Lawrence's panicked voice sounded as we appeared in the living room, "You two have been gone for nearly three hours-" he stopped when he saw my glistening cheeks, "Is everything okay?"

Emily appeared beside him, "Everything's just fine," she said after glancing between us and smiling.

Lawrence shot her a funny look before turning back to us.

"What happened?" he asked, concern embedded deep in his voice.

Daniel jumped in, "It was extraordinary really. Gold didn't stand a chance against her. She made lightning rain down from the ceiling, then absorbed it all and projected it back out in all directions. There was no place he could've hidden."

"Is he dead?" Lawrence asked in a hushed voice.

I sighed and shook my head, "No. He's like a cockroach. No matter how many times you stomp on him, he doesn't die. Knocked him out for a bit though," I added.

"Then his father came back and revived him," Daniel said with an annoyed expression.

"His father?" Lawrence asked.

"Blood Lust," Daniel and I said simultaneously.

Lawrence's eyebrows crashed together as he looked between us, "That actually explains quite a bit."

"I couldn't imagine having that man as a father," Swift said from his position on the couch. I could hear him shudder a bit at the thought.

"What else did you guys find out?" Lawrence asked.

Daniel and I looked hesitantly at each other. He nodded encouragingly with a small smile dancing across his lips.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "Lawrence, I'd like to introduce you to my father," I said quietly as I gestured to Daniel. He gave a little wave before burying his hands deep in his pocket.

Lawrence just blinked at him, his eyes flicking between us.

His gaze hardened and he glared intensely at Daniel, a sudden rage building within him, "Do you have anymore secrets you'd like to share?"

From where I was standing, I could feel the heat radiating off of his skin. It was steadily rising in temperature and I quickly stepped between him and Daniel.

His eyes flicked to me and his expression softened slightly

"It's okay, Lawrence," I said in a calm voice, attempting to cool him down, "Let it go."

He shot one more glare at Daniel before huffing and returning to the couch.

He means well.

Emily's voice echoed around in my head.

I glanced in her direction and nodded before turning to take a seat.

Daniel hesitantly stood before us and began to speak, "Judging by the reads I've gotten off of both Blood and Gold, Heather is being held in Blood's old lair. It was destroyed just prior to my disappearance, but I have reason to believe he has it up and running again. I propose we strike sooner rather than later. The longer we wait, the longer Gold has to recover and the longer Blood has to recruit more people," Daniel turned to look at each of us, "Is there any other friends we can get over here to help us?"

Lawrence cleared his throat and spoke up, "I can make a few calls."

Daniel nodded at him before glancing at the rest of us.

"I doubt you'd want any of my friends," Swift chuckled as he sat up, "They'd demand payment and pickpocket you halfway through the job."

We all nodded in agreement.

I took this moment to look pointedly at Emily. She shied away from my gaze at first, but with a few thoughts of encouragement sent her way, she grudgingly stood up and sighed in defeat.

She looked nervous and a little uncomfortable, but she took a deep breath and pushed on regardless. I saw her sneak a quick peek in her brother's direction.

"I can help," she sighed. Lawrence raised a brow and she finally lifted her eyes to meet his gaze, "I'm a telepath and a mind reader. I can help attack from the inside out."

Lawrence looked flabbergasted, his eyes wide and eyebrows raised towards the ceiling. His jaw hung open like a fish out of water.

"Shut your trap, Lawrence," I said to break the tension. I pretended to be more interested in the dirt under my nails than the current conversation, but in reality, I could not be more intrigued, "You'll catch flies."

His mouth snapped shut and he shook his head in denial, "You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking."

"Try me," Emily smiled.

"Fine," he paused for a second, "What number am I thinking of?"

She rolled her eyes before looking pointedly at him, "Pizza is not a number, Lawrence. I really hope you know that."

He buried his head in his hands and mumbled a few colorful curse words.

Emily looked at him again and he jumped in surprise, bringing a hand up to his ears in surprise.

"Please don't ever do that again," He looked around the room before furrowing his brow in confusion, "Why do none of you look surprised?"

"Because two out of the three of us already knew," I pitched in, "It's honestly hard to believe you never saw this coming."

Emily looked at each of us and added, "Oh, and you guys don't know this, but I can give people instant migraines and make them pass out. However, that takes a lot of concentration and time, and it doesn't last that long. I'm pretty sure I can also project images into people's minds temporarily. That's probably the most help I can be." 

We all nodded, with the exception of Lawrence, who only stared distantly off at the wall, probably mortified by all the things he had ever thought about while his sister was around.

Daniel spoke next, "I might be able to convince some guys out of retirement, but it's a stretch."

With that, Lawrence and Daniel stood and walked out of the room to make some calls.

^

^

^

^

Hey wattpadders! Sorry if this chapter was a little boring. The big battle is coming up soon, which means we're approaching the end of this book. Remember to leave your questions, comments, and concerns in the comments, and vote if you're enjoying this story! Toodles.