Falling

The air rushed past me with such force that my hair started to unravel from its bun. It whistled shrilly as it flew past my ears and all I could feel was my stomach doing somersaults.

I never thought this was how I'd go, but I guess you never really have control over your life.

The air slapped my skin and stung my eyes to the point where my vision became blurry. I wondered briefly if this was what it was like to fly, and realized with sadness that I'd probably never know.

It was just about then that I saw a streak of orange in my peripheral vision. I snapped my head to the side to see Torch flying beside me.

He reached out, grabbed hold of my arm, and pulled me up to his chest.

I clung to him tightly as he slowed our descent. It wasn't long before we stopped completely. My feet found Lawrence's toes and his arm around my back helped ease my fear of falling again. I peeked down to see that we were still hovering several stories above the ground.

"I don't think I've ever been more relieved to see this goddamned suit than I am right now."

"Was there a thank you hidden somewhere in there?" he smirked before tilting his chin towards the sky, "Besides, I couldn't let you miss all the fun. We need your help on the roof."

I blew a stray strand of hair from my eyes and looked up too. Lawrence had already started our ascent to the roof.

Upon reaching it, we were met with the sight of Blood spinning in angry circles and shouting in frustration.

"Where are you, you coward?" he shrieked into the empty air. His eyes flicked to me and he grinned.

I let out a yelp as my veins constricted painfully, "Show yourself, Blue, or I'll rip her blood from her body one drop at a time."

It felt like my blood was boiling and I was afraid for a moment that it might actually be.

When Blue failed to reappear, Blood focused more on my pain. I couldn't hold back a shriek of pain as it came bubbling up in my throat.

"Enough!" Blue shouted as he sent a super powered punch into Blood's stomach. His hold released and I collapsed onto the concrete. I gasped as my blood resettled and Lawrence crouched beside me.

"I'm fine," I growled as I moved to stand. I was a little wobbly, but managed.

With a quick glance around, I found the back up generator on the opposite corner of the roof. I nudged Lawrence and pointed.

He nodded and snaked an arm around my waist before lifting me into the air.

We were almost there when Blood saw us. He threw his hand in our direction and Lawrence cried out in pain.

He started falling, and I jumped out of his arms so I could catch myself. The concrete tore the skin of my palms as I landed, and Lawrence fell over the side of the roof. I peeked over the edge to see that he had already caught himself.

Nodding, I moved to the power box and flipped the cover off. I was just about to reach for the switch when I was thrown through the air. Fortunately, I didn't slip over the edge. I turned to see Gold advancing towards me, a dangerous look in his eyes.

My arms crackled to life and prepared for attack.

Gold reeled back to punch me, but his fist never made contact. I looked up to see that Lawrence had caught his fist in his own. I breathed a sigh of relief before ducking behind the generator. I flipped the switch and smiled as electricity poured into me, spitting angrily into the air.

Power surged through my veins as I absorbed as much energy as I could manage. I couldn't get over how much being electrocuted made me feel alive.

I pointed my palms together and closed my eyes as I focused intently on creating an orb of electricity. The sparking ball of bluish white light grew steadily.

I pressed my hands closer together before heaving the ball in Gold's direction. It crackled and spit randomly into the air as it hurdled towards his chest.

It connected with deadly accuracy, exploding on his chest and spreading its electric tendrils across his torso. He started shaking, no doubt overwhelmed by the sheer power of the orb. Just as the electrocution session came to an end, Gold crumpled into an unconscious and smoking heap.

I rubbed my palms together in satisfaction before moving to charge up again. My arms crackled to life and I wasted no time in flinging a bolt at Blood Lust.

Unfortunately he saw it coming ahead of time and teleported out of the way. He popped back up and played with the veins of my father. However, Blue failed to concede to the demands of his straining blood. His strength helped him resist Blood's power.

Blood released him from his hold and he stumbled backwards a bit, obviously showing the fatigue of his resistance.

With a frustrated growl, Blood disappeared and reappeared a moment later with a metal pipe in his hands. With all his might, he swung it at my father's head.

It connected with a sickening thud and Blue Phantom fell to his knees, though somehow still miraculously conscious.

Blood turned to me with a scowl on his face, extending his hand purposefully. I cried out in pain.

His chest vibrated with a low, satisfied chuckle as he tightened his hold on me.

"A curious thing, the power to manipulate the blood," he said. His wrist turned ever so slightly and my arms crackled to life of their own accord. A tear slipped past my eye as he made me extend my hand towards my father, "I guess it's just luck that the superpower gene is passed on through the blood. I can make anyone turn on each other. Even your own blood against you."

I made eye contact with Daniel and another tear slipped down my cheek. He tried to stand, tried to move, but Blood had him pinned.

He stopped struggling and smiled sadly at me, "It's okay."

I physically couldn't look away as Blood forced me to shoot a streak of lightning at my father. It was enough to kill him, and of that, I was sure.

But before the bolt could hit him, a streak of orange shot into its path.

Lawrence fell, and with it, so did my world.

^

^

^

^

Hey whoa! Who saw that coming? Things aren't looking too good right now, but you'll have to stay in tune to figure out what happens.