Chapter 19

WARNING: This chapter is rated [CH-12] Cheesy

The sweet sound of rain clattering against the window. It's peaceful. It's the first and only thing I hear since ... I don't know. This darkness I'm in right now, it feels like I've been in here since the dawn of time. Like this is the only thing I ever knew. I'm not sick here, I'm not being bullied, I have no family nor friends. Just me and this darkness.

I can't open my eyes. It's like the strength to do so, is locked inside a chest, and buried at a place where I can't dig it out. Not even with my biggest and strongest shovel.

I wonder if I could stay in this nothingness forever, and if I would like it or not. I would be non-existent. Would I miss my friends? My family? Would I even miss anything at all?

I don't get much time to consider that thought, as another sound aside from the rain starts buzzing through my ears. More like murmurs. Very soft, but clear, the sound of talking.

"Do you think she's okay?"

"She should be fine. Look, she's still breathing! Not dead yet!"

"Louis!"

"I'm sorry, geez."

Silence.

"Shouldn't we have brought her to the hospital?"

"The doctor did tell us she could faint at random times."

"Why didn't we know?"

"It didn't seem important at the time."

Again, it's silent.

Why is it that my hearing is the only sense in tact at the moment?

At that moment I feel some sort of tingling-feeling at my right. I reckon it's at one of my hands.

"How long has she been out?" I hear someone softly ask at my left.

"At least a day. She passed out yesterday," Someone says very close to where my hand tingles. Now I realize that the feeling is someone stroking the back of my hand.

"Will she ever wake up?" A hoarse voice sounds and I have this urge to groan. To say I was surprised when I actually did, is an understatement. A few escaped gasps could be heard through the room. I then tried to talk.

"I am now." My voice sounds raucous from the lack of use over the, apparently, twenty-four hours, but I was glad I could use it again. Though my eyes still seemed non-existent to me. "You're all talking a bit loud."

The person at my right chuckles as I also hear footsteps approaching me. Arms wrap around my body and a head lands next to mine. "Don't you dare scare me like that again, you.. you b-bloody tosser." Ivette. She releases me and I finally find the strength to open my eyes slowly. Ivette's smiling down on me and I weakly smile back. She steps back so I now get a full view of the room. I'm in my bedroom, Ivette's sitting at my left on the bed accompanied by Louis, behind her I see my mother with a sad smile, Zayn and Liam are standing at the end of my bed, Harry is leaning against the window sill at my right, and lastly, Niall is sitting on a chair holding my hand while rubbing his thumb up and down the back of my hand.

I gave them all a brief smile before I closed my eyes again and sighed, feeling very tired. "So what exactly happened?"

"You fainted after we got our tattoos, outside the shop," Ivette answered. Que to her words, I looked at my right arm and saw that I indeed had a tattoo now. I traced my index finger over the ink on my right arm, fascinated with it. "Why did I faint?" I murmured, not taking my eyes of my arm.

"We don't know," Niall said softly. I could practically feel his gaze on me. I looked up at him to see two blue eyes staring sadly into mine. I felt a yawn come up so I tried to suppress it, but failed. Niall smiled a small smile. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against my forehead, whispering. "Go to sleep, dear." He then pulled away and stood up to walk out the room, taking the rest with him. I saw my mother blow me kiss before she left the room as I smiled to myself. Niall was the last to leave the room, and before he closed the door, he send me small smile again and then closed it completely. I really wonder what's going on in his mind right now.