Chapter 2

*****SKYLAR'S P.O.V. *****

After half an hour of unpatiently checking my phone every five minutes, it finally beeps.

A squeel escapes my mouth, but before I can grab my phone, it's already in Ivette's hands.

"Ivette! Come one, let me just look for myself!" I groaned.

"Haha nope. You're gonna have to fight for it guurl." She says going all sassy on me.

"Okay then. If that is your wish my queen." I say smirking. I stand up and jump on top of my best friend. She screams and surrenders immediately.

I laugh as I get off of her with my phone in my right hand and then do a victory dance.

"Yeah yeah rub it in my face all you want. But aren't you going to look at your messages?" She says smirking.

"Oh. Yeah. Right." I say remembering why I launched myself at her.

I unlock my phone and see that I have a notification on twitter. I start it up and when seeing I have a new DM, my eyes grow wide.

"Oh my god, I have a new DM! And it's.. It's.." I choke on my own words.

"Spit it out already!" Ivette yells at me unpatiently.

"It's from Niall! Oh my god I can't believe Niall Freakin' Horan replied!" I scream while jumping happily around the house.

Ivette bursts out laughing at the sight but soon joins my hopping happily.

When we're done jumping and both panting she askes "So what does it say?"

"I'm gonna look right now." I say blushing because I realise I don't even know what the DM says.

Ivette just smacks me on my head, grabs my phone and starts reading the message out loud.

- Hi Skylar. So I read your DM and I'm really sorry for what happened to you. But what exactly do you have and how come? And you should tell me a bit about yourself, just so I can get to know you a bit. I'd like to know some more because I don't know if you're telling me the truth. After all, we do have some crazy fans out there aha. ;) xx Niall -

"He does have a point." Ivette states after reading the DM.

"About what?" I ask.

"That they have crazy fans. Like me... and you." She says winking.

"Ha ha very funny now give me my phone I want to reply." I say and I quickly pull my phone out of her grasp.

- Hey! I can't believe you actually answerd! But about me: I'm fifteen years old, I live in Dallas, Texas. I love to play the guitar, sing and hang out with my best friend Ivette. In the past year I always had a headache so my mum and I went to the hospital to get it checked up. Once there they told me I had a braintumor and that it was to big to cut it away with surgery. So they tried to get it away with chemo, but it didn't respond to it. And last week they told us that there is nothing left to do about it and that I have approximately 3 weeks to live. So, yeah. That's my story. Xx Skylar -

My thumb floats above the send button. "Should I send this? I mean, maybe it is too much for him to handle or something like that." I say hessitantly.

"I think you should just send it. If you really want him to help you, he should know the truth." Ivette says.

I sigh knowing she's right. Again.

Without trying to think anymore I press the button that says SEND.

*****NIALL'S P.O.V. *****

I sat there in shock looking at my phone, which displayed my newest DM.

"Niall. Niall. Niall. NIALL."

I awake from my shock. "Y-yeah?"

"What's the problem mate?" Liam askes, concern written over his face.

"Read Skylar's DM adressed to me." I say handing him the phone. His eyes scroll over the little device, his eyebrows frowning more and more every second.

"She's fifteen." Liam says in shock. "She hasn't even lived propperly."

By now all the lads have concern and sympathy written all over their faces.

"Okay now I'm determind to help her." I say. The boys nod in agreement.

"But how are we even going to do it? We have to have permission from management to do this. And we're gonna have to fly to wherever the hell she lives." Harry says.

"I will make a call to management since they think I'm the most responsible one." Liam says.

"Well yeah. That's why people call you Daddy Direction, poophead." Louis says trying and succeeding to light the mood a little. We all laugh at his lame insult. Then Liam wrestelds his way of the couch and walkes to the hallway to make the call.

"I hope management agrees on this." I say.

"Yeah me too. We're going to learn this girl how to live before she dies. Did she tell you how long she has until the day comes that.. you know." Louis says unsure of his words.

"Yeah she has at least three weeks." I say a little sad with the thought of Skylar not being among us anymore after those three weeks. And I don't even know her.

What is happening to me? I'm getting sad about a girl dying whom I don't even know.

But I do already feel a connection with this girl. If that even makes sense.

*****

Hello :) 

If you liked it you should vote and if you thought something should go different comment because I could use some feedback. And if you actually read this story you should know that I casually update now and then. And that I have no idea how long the chapters come out, I just make it all up while writing this haha. I hope you enjoy reading this fanfic ;)

~ Julia:)