Chapter 15

*****NIALL'S P.O.V.*****

When I woke up, my whole buddy felt sore. I slowly opened my eyes and got surprised by really bright light shining in my eyes. I quickly closed my eyes again and tried to figure out where I was, because it was definitely not a bed.

It was then, that I felt something lying on my chest. Carefully I opened one eye and looked down. There she lied, Skylar. Peacefully asleep. When we kissed last night, bombs exploded in my stomach. No cheesiness intended. I smiled at the thought and reached for my phone to see the time. 12:30 already? Where are the others? Did they leave us here in the backyard and went to bed? Bastards. Or maybe not. Last night was perfect. Maybe they didn't want to ruin our moment.

Now come to think about it, I wonder what they think about it. I mean Skylar and me. She's still fifteen. And dying...

And thinking about that, is depressing me.

I heard Skylar breathe in loudly and then letting the air out in a sigh. I smiled. She's breathing now, and we must make the most of it. That's a promise.

I carefully stood up without moving Sky too much. I readjusted the blankets on her and then made my way inside, where it was quiet. A bit too quiet if you ask me. I'm guessing everyone's still asleep. I walked into the kitchen and looked into the refridgerator to find the ingredients for waffles. Because.. waffles. They don't need an explanation.

I found everything I needed and got the waffle iron out of one of the cupboards, turned it on so it could heat up and then got started on the batter. When the batter was ready I poured some of it in the iron and then waited for it to be ready. To kill time I went on twitter, where I haven't been on lately. And to say at the least, my timeline was exploding. Nobody knew where we were. They knew we were with a girl named Skylar because of our last tweet, but not where. I also saw some tweets saying Skylar had locked us up and that's why no one knows anything about us right now. Maybe it shouldn't, but it made me laugh. I quickly typed a tweet.

@NiallOfficial: guys relax, we're in the land of America ;) trying to give Skylar the time of her life :) how are you guys doing?

After I clicked send, it only took a few seconds before I got millions of replies. I was reading them with a smile when I heard some shuffling. I looked up to see Skylar in the door frame with the blanket wrapped around her. She smiled at me but also looked a bit confused.

I opened my arms, gesturing for her to hug me and she took the hint. I wrapped my arms around her small figure and hid my face in her hair, while she hid her face in my shoulder.

"Morning beautiful." I said and I heard her giggle.

"Goodmorning." She said with a raspy voice. She pulled out of the hug and jumped on the counter. Then I remembered I was making waffles so I quickly got out the one in the iron out and layed it on a plate. I poured in new batter and closed the lid.

"Did we get ditched last night?" Skylar asked with an amused voice. I chuckled and looked her in the eyes.

"Yeah, I think so." I answered her and she giggled again. I looked at her in awe and then made my way over to her. She opened her legs a little so I could stand in between them and I loosely put my arms around her waist. I rested my forehead against her and stared into her chocolate brown eyes. She smiled and then leaned in closer and eventually our lips connected in a sweet kiss, that made my knees weak and my heartbeat fasten.

And she has no idea she is the one to cause this reaction.

A scream interrupted our kiss and we were both startled. Our heads shot to the doorframe, to see a Louis covering his eyes.