Chapter 13

"No. I'm stopping here. It was fun while it lasted. Nope. Not going down. Negative. Nada. No." Ivette said and then stood completely still. We're currently "in the sky" on a platform, and when Ivette looked down, she had a heart attack. Like, her eyes went all wide and she went all pale. When we were still down on the ground, some guy that worked here gave us all the information we needed and also told us the risks. She was fine then, but obviously now not anymore.

"But Ivette, you have to!" I whined. She just shook her head.

"Please? Do it for me?" I asked with my best puppy-face. She smirked at me.

"You suck at puppy-faces." She said and I huffed.

"Please Ivette! This will be one of my last adventures and I need you to be a part of it." I said to her. She pondered it for a second and then sighed in defeat.

"Okay fine! If I die, I will haunt you forever! Even when you're in heaven!" She said while pointing at me. I laughed and she snickered. Then I looked behind me at the boys. They had the same expression as Ivette had moments ago. I groaned.

"I'm not going to persuade you guys too! I demand you to come with us!" I said and then walked around them, and pushed them one by one further down the platform. They struggled, but I managed. Good thing I'm stronger than I look.

"Hello there! I'm Tom and I will be helping you with your jump!" A guy exclaims with a big grin on his face. He looked to be somewhere around Ivette and my age.

"Hi! I'm Skylar and these are my friends. We will be jumping today!" I exclaimed the same way Tom did. He started to laugh.

"You're funny." He said and winked. "Okay, so basically what I'm going to do, is helping you get your bungee-ropes secure around your ankles and middle and I'll tell you when to jump." He said and smiled.

"That's a pretty easy job." Niall suddenly said. I looked at him and he seemed... tense, maybe a little angry. What's getting on his tits?

"Yeah it is. And it pays good so I have nothing to complain about." Tom said, still smiling. I guess he didn't see the expression on Niall's face. Ivette however did, she gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged. Tom clapped his hands together.

"Who will be our first victim?" He asked and everyone pointed at me.

"Wait, aren't we going duo-jumping?" I asked.

"That's also an option, but then one of you has to go twice, or alone." Tom said.

"Oh, then I'll go alone." I said when no one answered.

"Great! Then that's settled! If you can follow me..." Tom said trailing of and motioning for us to follow. We did and eventually we came to a place of the platform where the fence could open up. He grabbed a bungee-rope-thingie and professionally secured it to my ankles and middle. Only now I was getting nervous.

"Okay, you're good to go. Just try to walk over to that fence." Tom said and helped me walk to the fence, which is hard when there are all kinds of equipement around your feet. He opened up the the fence.

"Okay Skylar, whenever you're ready." He said. I looked down and gulped. We were really high. When I was about to let myself fall...

"COME ON SKY YOU CAN DO IT!" Ivette decided to shout at me at this very moment.

"DAMN IT IVETTE! SHUT UP I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF!" I yelled back and saw Ivette giving me an apologetic smile. I looked at the boys and they all gave me a thumps-up and an encouraging smile. I smiled back and then focused on jumping again. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes... and fell.