Chapter 10

"I love you." She said, looking straight into my eyes. But her eyes weren't full of life anymore, the sparkle that used to be there, was gone. They looked dull and... dead.

"I love you too." I said anyways. Then she crashed her lips onto mine. It felt absolutely wonderful. But she slowly started to vanish, and soon enough, I was hugging and kissing air.

"Skylar! Where are you?!" I screamed in panic.

"You can't love me. I am dead." I heard her sweet voice call. But it came out of nowhere.

"We can make this work until the day comes. Just, please, try." I said with tears in my eyes.

"I can't." She said, and I started to fall, into a black hole. And I kept falling, and falling, and falling...

I wake up with a jolt of electricity going through my body. Well, not literally, of course...

Wait, where am I again? Oh right, I'm still in the forest. I look down to see a sleeping girl on my chest. I can't stop the smile creeping onto my lips. Oh, the things you do to me...

I decide to get up to find some food. Don't judge me, I am hungry and if I don't eat, I will go nuts. So I go search for some fruit, or something eatable.

It must be my 'Irish luck' or something, because I actually find an apple tree. I pluck a few and walk back to where Skylar lays. She's still asleep. I decide to wake her so she can eat and we can get out of here.

"Wakey wakey sunshine." I say while smirking at her. Her eyes slowly flutter open, and when she realises I woke her up, she groans.

"Noooo, I wanna sleep." She whines. I chuckle.

"Come on Sky, we need to go home." I say and her eyes shot open. She quickly sits up and looks around her.

"Oh, I thought I was home..." She says with her eyebrows furrowed. I chuckle again.

"No love, we got lost yesterday, remember?" I ask her. She thinks for a second but then her mouth forms an "O" and she nods.

"Here." I say while chucking an apple at her. She catches it just before it hit her face.

"Wow thanks." She says sarcastically and then taking a bite out of her apple. We sit in silence eating our apples, just enjoying our surroundings and the sounds that come with it. Singing birds, flowing water, rustling leafs, chirping crickets... just nature. You don't hear these kind of sounds in London.

When we finish our apples, we untie the knot of the reins of the horse and hop on its back. Me on the front and Skylar behind me.

"Okay I hope we will find civilisation this time." I mumble but Sky heard me and giggled, making shivers run up my spine.

So we took of, hoping to get out of this forest today. We sat it silence, just enjoying each other's company. We've been doing that a lot lately.

"Do you think they're worried?" Skylar asked after fifteen minutes.

"Probably. I mean, they're our best friends and we just disappeared and spend a night in the forest." I answered. She made an affirmative sound in agreement.

"I've been thinking about my bucketlist." She said.

"What about it?" I ask.

"I want a tattoo." She says determined.

"Why? No offense, but not many people will get to see it." I say softly.

"I know, but I have always wanted one or two when I grew up. But if I don't do it soon, I won't ever." She said truthfully.