Chapter 1 (The Cow & The Toad)

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes at this. “Well you go on ahead I’ll just head to my locker first to get my books.” Ron nodded.

“Ok I’ll just wait for you at class then.” I turned back and gave him a back handed wave and then proceeded to my locker; after getting my books I ran to my first class after hearing the late bell ring off. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going when I bumped into a wall.

“Oomph.” I was clutching my butt because of the pain, “oh hey, sorry I didn’t notice you there Shorty.” The wall I bumped into was actually a wall of muscle named ‘Mikhail Alexander Hladik’ the school’s star quarter back/ jock/ heartthrob/ womanizer/ whore… grr typical. I mentally face palmed myself, how cliché can my first day be. I scowled at his remark to me and brushed away the hand that he extended for me.

“DON’T.CALL.ME.SHORTIE!!” I emphasized each word so that his tiny brain could comprehend it.

“Just because you’re taller than me it doesn’t give you the right to call me short!” I huffed after finishing my rant, but instead of flipping me off or ignoring me which would be the normal reaction I’d get from jocks, he just smirked at me.

“Ohhh, Shorty’s feisty… you’re interesting… so what’s your name?” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?, anyways back-off hormonal toad, I’m already late for my first class and I’d appreciate it if you lay off of my cute butt.” Mikhail looks a little shocked.

“D-did you just call me a toad?"

"Oh my you’re really funny, hey, hey wait where are you going? Shorty wait!!” I ignored his calls and run to my class, I’m already late as it is, so in my rush I opened the door with a little more force than necessary making a loud entrance. Everyone was then staring at me even Ron who I saw was snickering at the back.

“Thank you for gracing us with your presence Mr. Evans and… Mr. Hladik? So what might be the reason for your tardiness? It better be good or you’ll be receiving the pink slip.” I glanced at my back and there he was looking smug, Mikhail, for the love of everything sane…

Why is all this happening to me on my first day and why do I have to share a class with this specific Jock. I was steered away from my musings by an unsubtle throat clearing from our professor.

“Oh sorry Mrs. O’Grady it’s just that I saw a sign that read ‘School Ahead. Go Slow’, so I did." I finished with a wink, which made everyone burst out into fits of laughter; I also heard some snickering from the horny toad behind me.

I faced the old cow in front of me but my excuse just made her livid, I could even point-out the veins that are popping on her forehead and neck. “You’re late and still you excuse yourself with such pathetic excuse you call humor? DETENTION!!”

I pouted and mumbled, “It wasn’t lame.”

And then proceeded to sit beside Ron who was still laughing which earned him a smack in the head from me. “Ow, sadistic prick” he whisper-yelled at me and I just stuck my tongue at him.

“How about you Mr. Hladik? Care to explain yourself?” Mikhail looked at Mrs. O’Grady.

“Oh, nothing… I was just following a ‘very’ interesting person.” Which caused a stir with the girls and some of his mates just whistled, he then subtly looked at me and winked, I blushed at this which Ron noticed and made him frown at me.

“Well then you might as well follow that person in your dreams since you’re going to be spending your time in D-E-T-E-N-T-I-O-N, you can now join Mr. Evans later” Mikhail just shrugged and went to his seat.

“Sooo… What’s up with you and Mikhail?” I turned to Ron and just shrugged “nothing?” Ron was then stroking his invisible beard. “Ohh so why is it that you answered me with a question? Hmm… interesting…”

Ron was giving me a knowing look which I just rolled my eyes at and then flipped him the birdie. I stole a glance from the toad and caught him looking at me, ‘huh? He’s so weird’ I just gave him some raised eyebrows and gave my attention back to the old cow and tried to learn something from this hellhole called school. The cow just droned on and on and this was the trend for all my classes till lunch. The only thing that kept my mood lively was the usual banter between Ron and me.

============================================================

Vote / Fan / Comment