Breaking Them Up (BoyxBoy)

“I love you” the words that tore from his mouth straight to my heart were spoken softly. So softly, I could barely hear them, as he began to move forward. It made my heart squeeze in my chest, watching his lips get closer and closer, leaning in and kissing…

Her.

My lips twitched, the natural smirk that played around my mouth falling downwards, trying to break the mask, trying to free all the hatred I felt directed at that little bitch. I shoved my hands in my pockets just because I felt the need to move and release tension, and strolled over as if they weren’t caught in romantic embrace.

Satisfactorily, they jump apart as I loudly clear my throat, and both of their wide blue eyes turn to me in surprise. I can’t help thinking how perfectly cliché they appear, a Barbie and Ken romantic encounter all broken up. Who didn’t love a blonde, whether cheerlead or jock was your thing?

“Oh” the annoyed expression begin to form on Seth’s face cleared “It’s you”

I look down at myself, feigning confusion “Oh you’re right. I hadn’t noticed” my sarcasm drips.

And the bitch smiles in that ‘Oh Damien, you’re just so funny’ way. I picture strangling her and feel a little bit better. “Oh har har” Seth rolls his eyes, and my own line of vision is drawn to he hand resting protectively around the bitches waist. “Do you ever plan on growing up?

“Says the boy proclaiming love to his most recent toy” I look away innocently, but from my peripheral vision I see Seth scowl and Karen wince.

“Karen, babe? I’ll meet you at lunch alright?” he says, and I feel his eyes drill into me.

“Actually, I’ve got to go too, class and everything you know?” he grabs onto my upper arm, the fingers curling roughly.

“You’re not going anywhere” he growls and I yelp as he begins dragging me painfully down the hall, not going at exactly a leisurely pace either. I hop along helplessly, betting that if I fall, he’ll simply drag me. When we come to secluded dead end in a hall packed with lockers, he lets go.

I rub my sore arm “You know, people who show signs of violence in adolescence-”

“Just stop talking” he sighs, rubbing his temple “Please” he adds after a moments thought.

“Well” I smile “Since you said please”

“Don’t do that either!” he waves a finger at me in warning “No acting all innocent and nice now that Karen’s not around. What’s up with you? I told you, she’s not like the other girls Damien, I actually… have feelings for her.” he looks away, embarrassed.

I roll my eyes “You’ve known her for a month”

“And it’s been the best month of my life” he says dreamily.

I feel vomit coming on. “She’s an idiot, Seth. Don’t you want someone, I dunno, smart?”

“She is not” he growls defensively. “Why do you care anyways?”

My throat goes dry. Oh, Seth, you’d think that’d be obvious.

His eyebrows come together “This isn’t about…”

“N-no.” I cut him off, because he was clearly hoping I would “That was nothing. It was stupid”

His face relaxes a little, and I’m still having a hard time processing he brought it up at all. Ever since I got back from my families cottage if I tried to bring it up he would quickly change the topic, a look of unease flickering through his eyes. “Okay, good. So do you think you could get along?”