Chapter 5: Dances and Drama

As Al begins to walk away, I feel like stopping him, but I know that isn't the best thng to do. I turn back to Scott.

"This better be super important to you. I just blew off my best friend." I said.

"Well first answer this. How is it that you and him became best friends?" Scott asked.

"Well, we grew up together. We were best friends since kindergaten and we still are best friends." I said.

"But you're so pretty and nice and he's so serious." he said.

"That's sort of why we're best friends. We balence each other." I said.

"But still, that doesn't mean it gives him the right to take your first kiss." he said.

"Scott, you don't know anything about me. He does. He is the one person that keeps me happy. And if I want to have him as my first kiss, I will have him as my first kiss." I said. I then walked away. When I walk into the dance, I couldn't find my roommates or Al. I decided to just sit down and wait for Al to find me. I sat down and just played Minion Rush on my phone for the time being.

"Excuse me? Is this seat taken?" this guy with the most beautiful eyes asked.

"Um....no." I said.

"Can I sit here then. My date is sort of hanging out with two of her roommates." he said.

"Sure." I said. He then sat down in the seat right next to me. Once he sat down I was able to look at him better. 

The guy was definatly a prince. He had a little lighter hair then Scott, but he was still very attractive. His eyes were a beautiful blue color. It was almost like looking into the sea.

"I'm Gale by the way." He said.

"Isabelle." I said.

"Isabelle? As in Scott's date to this? As in Al's best friend?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, that's me." I said.

"Well Princess-"

"Izzy. I like to be called Izzy." I said.

"Okay then. Well, Izzy, its nice to meet you. Scott and Al won't stop talking about you in our room." he said.

'Wait, so you must be the Gale escorting my roommate." I said.

"Yes, that's me." he said.

"Do you know where my roommates are?" I asked.

"Sorry no." he said.

"What about Al? Do you know where he is?" I asked.

"I think I saw him outside by that oak tree." Gale said.

"Thank you." I said as I got up and walked away.

When I walk out the door I look around all of the oak trees outside. This was going to be tough, there where at least 10 giant oak trees out here. I finally see someone near one of the oak trees. 

"Al?" 

********* Scott's POV**********

I stood there as she walked away from me. I don't get it, why is it that Al has gotten everything in life and I've barely gotten anything. Sure, I'm a prince, but I've spent my entire life inside a palace. He was out there in the world. He had friends. Scratch that, he has friends. I just met people for the first time yesterday. I just don't understand why she can't see how much I missed out on. 

I walked over the an oak tree and just leaned against it. I didn't feel like going into the dance anymore. I've been waiting to meet Izzy for years. And now I know her and she hates me. I just wish she saw how important I need her as a friend. Anyone as a friend really. There are so many times I wished someone was around when I was a kid. I grew up learning about manners, wars, and diplomacy.