Waffle House (Carlos Pena)

"Come onnnn, Sarah," Carlos whined through the phone.

"I'll get in trouble! And then I won't be able to see you ever again," I said sarcastically. I was grounded, and Carlos wanted to sneak me out to some waffle house down the street. He sighed. 

"Waffles and you sound really good right now. And your parents aren't even HOME. They won't know you ever left." He said. I just sighed. 

"Okay, okay. But if I get in trouble, it's your fault."

He agreed and hung up the phone. I had 5 minutes to make myself look decent. I settled for throwing my hair in a pony tail and staying in sweats. He drove up in his shiny red convertible and beeped the car horn. I ran downstairs and jumped in the car. 

"Hey babe" He kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm gonna be grounded for the rest of my life," I said, crossing my arms.

"Ya look cute though," he said and smiled a goofy smile. I rolled my eyes and he stepped on the gas. We drove in silence to the waffle house, and after a few minutes, he gave me a worried look. "You hate me now, don't you?" He pouted.

"No, Carlos, I don't." I smiled and hugged him super awkwardly from the side. "Promise. Now let's go eat some waffles!" I ran inside and burst through the doors screaming "WAFFLES!" And everyone in the place looked at me funny. Carlos picked me up and carried me to cashier. He ordered waffles with blueberries and whipped cream. I ordered next. "I'll have 3 waffles with blueberries, strawberries and bananas. And I'll have some syrup on the side and whipped cream on top." The cashier and Carlos looked at me strangely. "...What?"

"You're angry at me, and you make my wallet pay for it?" He asked. He paid the cashier. I laughed and ate my waffles. I felt a blueberry hit my arm and immediately picked it up and threw it back. 

"You really wanna start this?" I challenged. 

"I do." He had a flirty game face on. We got in a messy fruit fight in the restaurant until the manager told us to leave. We left the waffle house smelling (and looking) like fruit salad. 

"...Think strawberry guts comes out of white?" I asked, pulling off my white shirt. Thank god I remembered to wear something underneath. He drove me home with a huge smile on his face. "Someone's happy." I laughed.

"Well I'm with you AND I had waffles. There's no reason not to be happy." He winked.

"You are such a dork." I pushed him playfully.

"Yeah, but I'm your dork."

We drove the rest of the way home, laughing and listening to music, just all around having a good time. We got to my house and I quickly kissed him goodbye. I walked into the house as quickly and quietly as possible, knowing my parents were home.

I ran upstairs, unseen, and checked my phone before I went to bed. There was one new message, I opened it, figuring it was Twitter telling me that someone mentioned me in a tweet. Instead I found a text from Carlos that read: "Goodnight, my love. :) I hope you had as much fun as I did tonight! <3 Carlos"