Scuba Diving (Carlos Pena)

"Carlos, you know I hate water," I groaned. He frowned, but patted my back reassuringly.

"Well, hopefully I'll help you overcome your fear, Samantha," he soothed. He adjusted his scuba mask and tries to walk with his flippers.

"So we just...jump in?" I asked, hesitation clear in my voice. Carlos answered by backflipping off the side of the boat. "Carlos!" I squealed.

"Come on in, babe, the water's nice!" he yelled. He motioned for me to follow him in. Three seconds of courage is all it takes, they say.

They were right.

I dived in after him, quick to float back to the top.

"I can't believe I just did that!" I screamed.

"I told you it'd be fun!" he reasoned. The grin on Carlos' face got unbelievably bigger as he motioned for us to dive down to explore a little. I responded by swimming down towards the underwater scenery the instructor pointed out earlier.

We swam, holding hands, while a bunch of different colored fish scurried around us. A bunch of bubbles floated towards the top every time we exhaled. It was all rather amusing: the colors, the water and the way Carlos would wiggle his butt when he swam.

He pointed down towards the ocean for and I squinted at the collage of what looked like rocks or something. I glanced up at him, and he just pointed again. I looked at it from a different angle, and realized it spelled out something.

'SAMANTHA, WILL YOU MARRY ME?' it read.

I looked up at Carlos again, and even though a mask was covering his mouth, I could still tell he was smiling. I pointed my finger upwards, to show him I wanted to go to the surface.

"Yes," I panted.

"What?"

"Yes," I repeated. "I'd love to marry you."

Carlos brought back his adorable grin and hugged me, which proved difficult with our scuba gear.

"I'll give you a ring when we get out of these suits..."

"I don't need a stupid ring."

I pressed my lips to his, causing the others on the boat to let out a soft "awww."

~~~~

Hope you liked it!!

Thanks to Mela for the idea!