Chapter Thirty Five.

Chapter Thirty Five.

The car ride to her house was silent as she sat in the passenger seat of Samuel's car looking out the window as he drove them through the town and heavy traffic.

She had thought she had never seen anything so beautiful that the town at night. It was obvious that everyone had taken great lengths to decorate the town with a Christmas theme. Lights had been wrapped around the stumps of trees, from the roots to the branches whilst the flashed and changed colour from white to a golden yellow and then back again.

She looked up from the window to see that light were hanging from windows in what looked like snow drops whilst others hanged from one side of the street to another with bells and angles as well as a star made out of lights. In every shop window she could see different coloured tinsel, lights and bunting all with a Christmas theme. Her own house had been decorated with Christmas lights whilst a Christmas tree had been decorated in the corner of her living room with a bunch of presents under the tree. It made everything feel so normal and she liked that.

She had discovered that she loved Christmas. She loved the feeling that surrounded her and everyone else, the atmosphere so calm and relaxed. She loved the cold and wrapping up warm in big thick jumpers and coats. Christmas brought everyone together and she could only hope that she remembered her past sooner rather than later.

"What are you thinking about?" Samuel asked her as she looked over her shoulder to see that he was looking at her from the corner of his eye whilst he drove down the lane that she had run up earlier after storming out of the house. She felt guilty at her reaction and knew that she would have to apologise when she next saw Paul and Lisa which would be in a couple of minutes.

I was just thinking about how much I love Christmas, I love the feeling of everything and the effort that everyone goes to decorate the town and it's all so beautiful." She said before blushing as she realised that she sounded so excited about thing so small.  She saw something flash in Samuel's chocolate brown eyes that looked similar to hope as they momentarily glazed over and she wondered if she had said something similar to him before she lost her memories.

"It's a nice time of year." He agreed as she focused his attention back on the road.

They once again lapsed into a silence and she realised that it wasn't awkward; they were both content with just being in each other's presence which confused her.  Her body reacted strangely around Samuel as she found herself sitting on her hands to stop herself from reaching over to Samuel just so that she could touch him and feel the warm and tingles that danced across her skin whenever they touched. Every fibre within her seemed to be tuned into Samuel, it was as if she could feel what he was feeling and ready to react to everything his said or did, her body hummed and her heart sored whenever Samuel looked at her from the corner of his eye. It didn't help that she was super sensitive to everything around her and very aware of Samuel, she was surrounded by his scent that she greedily breathed it in through her nose.

She shook her head as if that would help her clear her scattered mind. She was sure that she was going crazy and Samuel had noticed her sniffing the air more times than any normal person would do and guessed he couldn't wait to drop her off and leave. The thought of Samuel leaving her caused a sharp pain to build within her chest, close to her heart.

She was pulled out of her thoughts as the car rolled to a stop outside of her house, Samuel twisted and pulled out the key as she looked to see that Paul and Lisa were standing in the doorway, relief on both of their faces as Paul dipped his head in guilt.

"Thanks for dropping me home." She turned to Samuel with a small smile on her face as she blushed realising that Samuel had already been look at her with a smouldering expression that sent her heart into overdrive.