Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Nineteen.

Alena was nervous, she knew that her heart beat was beating out of control and her palms had suddenly become clammy. She didn't know what to do. She eyed the exit of the kitchen and wondered if she would be able to escape but thought better of it when she realised that they'd catch her easily or she'd trip over her own two feet. She knew that one day she would have to tell Samuel, Daniel and Dean what she was and what was about to happen but she thought she would have more time. She wanted, needed, more time with them before they decided that they didn't want anything to do with her, it was selfish of her to keep secrets when they had told her there's, willingly or not.

"There's going to be a meeting?" Daniel seemed confused as she tore her eyes off of Samuel and turned to see that he was picking up the plat that she had dropped earlier.

"I'm really sorry about breaking your plat. I'll pick it up." She said as she knelt down and began to pile up the broken pieces.

"No I've got it. You're going to hurt yourself." Daniel scolded her like a child as she felt two arms wrap around her waist and lift her up and away from the broken plate.

"I really am sorry." She said. She felt guilty for dropping the plate out of her own stupidity.

"It's fine sweetheart, accidents happen and no one got hurt." Samuel told her softly in her ear while she sagged against him; her mind went fuzzy at the term of endearment that he had called her. Her body hummer with the electric current that seemed to flow through her as she closed her eyes, savouring the feeling of being in Samuel's arms.

"Our little girl is growing up." Dean said as she looked to Daniel now stood at his while they held each other and pretend to wipe a tear away from their eyes. She frowned in confusion causing them both to laugh and separate away from each other.

"So, I take it you know what this meeting is about." Dean, said, it was more of a statement than a question as she saw them all looking at her, she could feel Samuel's heavy gaze on her as she tensed.

"No idea." She mumbled softly, she knew she was a bad liar and that they could probably easily detect the lie in her voice.

"Liar." Daniel teased as he smiled at her. He was trying to make her feel better but it only seemed to make her feel worse. His kindness only made her feel guilty for lying to them.

"I think I should go wait for my parents. They will be really worried when they get her." She was quick to step out of Samuel's hold and past Daniel and Dean who seemed confused but she didn't stop as she walked quickly through the house and towards the front door. She opened the heavy door and stepped out onto the porch. It had stopped raining, leaving a fresh smell in the air as she breathed in deeply, taking in the grey clouds and the green forest surrounding her. She shivered a little from the cold and wrapped her arms around her top half.

The meeting could go some many ways and as she thought of all the outcomes she felt the beginning of a head ache just above her temples. She was nervous about telling them, and she was scared that they didn't want anything to do with her. She held there life in her hands and if she made the wrong decision they would die. That was a big reason in itself to hate someone.

"You should wait inside." Samuel spoke from behind her causing her to jump and spin around, she hadn't heard him approach.

"I need some fresh air." She said softly, knowing she couldn't lie to him anymore than she had. She looked up at him to see he was watching her closely as he walked forward and wrapped his arms around her; she was quick to wrap her arms around his torso. She would miss the feeling of safety and warmth his arms offered and the electricity that spiked the air around them whenever they were together. Mostly she would miss Samuel, she would his smile and his eyes, and she would miss his laugh and his humour. She was going to miss everything about him.