Chapter Twenty Nine.

Chapter Twenty Nine.

Alena remained silent as she continued to lie on Samuel's bare chest, straddling his waist with his arms wrapped tightly around her as he held her to him. She could feel the rise and fall of his broad chest as she listened to his heartbeat under her ear. She was savouring the moment that she was with her werewolf mate, she was enjoying the comfortable silence that had fallen between them and she was enjoying being wrapped in his muscular arms and protected from the outside world.

She didn't want to admit it out loud more than she already had but she was terrified of what tomorrow would bring. She knew that tomorrow would not be pretty and it would take a long time for them all to recover from tomorrow events but she knew that that was to be expected from a war or fight. There was a small difference between a war and a fight but she knew that a fight was inevitable.

Tabitha would stop at nothing until she had her heart in her hand and drained all of her powers or influenced her decision so much that she chose the wrong side and turned the world into a dark place when it came to her making her final. Dark ones would follow Tabitha's lead, it was common for witches of the same beliefs to stick to each other and follow one another and she had learnt from her mum and grandparents that Tabitha was very influential within the dark ones community which meant that more dark ones were likely to follow her than if she were a regular which. Rogues had joined with Tabitha to fight against Samuel and his pack and it was clear that it would be witches and werewolves fighting on both sides which meant that the odds were even in the sense of mythical beings.

Samuel and his pack would stop at nothing to make sure that she was safe and protected. She had been surrounded by his pack members on the night that she had been introduced to them all and she had seen just how many pack members that Samuel had and she knew that she would be well protected. She also had her two protectors which meant that she would be glued to their side for protection. Dean was the Alpha of the neighbouring pack and Samuel had told her that his pack would be helping in the fight and although she hadn't meet Dean's pack she guessed that it was of a similar size to Samuels which meant that there would be a lot of wolves on their side. Alena hated that her mum would be taking part in the fight but she knew that there was nothing that she could say to convince her mum that she should stay with her dad below in the underground bunker that Samuel had told her about. Her dad would be joining the women, children, elderly, human mates and those that didn't want to fight as he was human and couldn't fight, her dad hadn't been happy but it was for the best and she was happy that he would be safe. Reece would also be down in the bunker so that his magical powers and werewolf abilities would be helpful in case of an attack. The oracles, her grandparents, Darius and the witches that came with him would also be fighting and from what Samuel had told her there was already and plan set in place form the formation of tomorrow.

With a side wanting her dead or to influence her decision and side that wanted to protect her, both sides determined on getting there way a fight would break out and she hated to think of all of those that would get injured tomorrow and those that may or may not lose their lives. She wished that there was some other way for this to happen without so many people being involved but she had to come to terms with the fact that it was happening tomorrow and people would get hurt.

Samuel had wanted her to stay out of the fight and below in the bunker but she had argued with him telling him that if she wasn't at his side then Tabitha would go looking for her and the women, children, elderly, the human mates and those that didn't want to fight would be harmed when they went looking for her. He had disagreed but given in when Frank had taken in to consideration her point and agreed with her, Samuel hadn't been happy but he hadn't argued back at his dad.