Chapter Twenty.

Chapter Twenty.

Alena woke with a small gasp escaping her lips as she opened her eyes only to find her vision blurred. Her throat was dry and her mouth had a horrible taste in it as she stuck out her tongue in hopes of wetting her dry and chapped lips. Her vision cleared and she was that she was in her room, tucked safely under her covers as she slowly looked around to see that a glass of water had been placed on her bed side table. She wasted no time in reaching up and grabbing it in her shaking had before placing it to her lips and greedily guzzling down the entire condense of the glass, in her hast to satisfy her thirst she didn't even mind that she had dribbled down her chin and on to her top.

She slowly sat feeling just how weak she felt and she silently wondered when the last time she had eaten anything, he stomach felt empty, hollow even as she slowly placed the glass back on her bedside table. Her stomach growled unhappily as it ached ever so slightly with only having had water and no food. She looked down at the clothes she wore wondering if she needed to change before she ventured down stairs in search of food only to freeze when she caught sight of the dark blue top she wore. It wasn't the colour that sent her mind into a fit of frenzy but rather the fact that it wasn't her top, it hung off of her, dwarfing her small frame as the sleeves came down to her elbows. She was confused, she didn't remember changing out of the clothes she wore went she went to the café, she didn't even remember going home.

She grabbed the shirt by the colour and slowly lifted it to her nose so that she could inhale the scent. She froze instantly recognising the spicy, earthy and cologne scent that lingered on the t-shirt. She had no idea why she was wearing Samuel's shirt until she inhaled his addictive scent again which seemed to trigger her slow memory as she remember everything that had happened. She could remember walking to the coffee shop on to end up in Samuel's arms and in the rain, he had taken them back to his house and that was why she was wearing his clothes because hers had gotten soaked in the downpour. He had made her hot chocolate and it had been the best homemade hot chocolate she had ever had and she didn't even tell him but he had told her about mates and how she was his, her heart flittered at the claim he now had on her. She remembered the kiss, how his lips had captured hers with such gentle care as if he was scared that she would disappear under too much pressure, she blushed at the memory and brought her fingers to her lips that seemed to tingle with the memory.

It was as if she was watching the rest of the events on a slide show as she remembered Samuel making her lunch and then the suddenly she was back in Frank's office, the oracles and their husbands to the side while her parents sat on either side of her, clutching one of her hands in both of theirs as Frank spoke to them, Daniel and Dean stood on one side with Samuel stood on the other, his face an emotionless mask causing her to cringe. She couldn't hear what was being said but she knew what happened. She had finally told them her darkest secret, she had told them about her magic fingers as well as the prophecy, and they spoke about her being Samuel's mate and Daniel and Dean being her protectors.

She shook her head as if to shake the memory away but she couldn't. She knew that they now hated her especially as she hadn't told them for so long. She had lost them all and maybe even Lucy who hadn't spoken to her in a while, if cancelling there Friday night routine wasn't a hint that something was going on the fact that she hadn't tried to contact her all weekend was a big give away.

She had never felt so alone in her entire life as she rolled over on to her side. Her body shook with violent sobs as she buried her head in her pillow trying to muffle her crying but she knew that it wasn't working as she heard footsteps running up the stairs. She wanted to be alone; she wanted to be left alone the same as she felt as she shoved her hand out and in the direction of the door. Her emotions fuelling her magic as she heard the person try to open the door only for it not to open. It was strange with her emotions going wild and slipping her control it seemed to only increase the power she had, she felt powerful more so than she ever had before and it frightened her as she remembered what the oracles had told her about the stronger she would get the closer to the time of her decision, the power she felt running through her veins told her that it was close. It was as if she was so close that she could feel something pushing on the confines of her mind, it was so close that she could almost touch but it only seemed just out of her reach.