Chapter Thirty One.

Chapter Thirty One.

Alena had picture this moment many times over the past few weeks and she hadn't been wrong when she pictured Tabitha destroying her. She had feared this moment for so long that now that it was happening she felt a weird feeling of content as she surrendered herself to Tabitha.

She knew that from the very beginning that she should have surrender herself to Tabitha that would have made everything easier. She realised that no one would had had to had died because of her, no one would have had to get injured or fight if she had just done the right thing in the beginning and run away from those that vowed to protect her. She had promised herself that she would fight and she had fought for those around her, she had managed to save Lucy in the process and now she felt at ease with herself.

The headache was increasing and she briefly wondered if she would soon pass out from the pressure on her brain. The wound on her back was burning the entire surface and she knew that if she didn't pass out soon from the headache then she would pass out from blood lose as the warm, liquid she knew as blood continued to soak her clothes and trickle down her back.

She winced in pain as Tabitha pulled on her hair so that she was stood, the height difference between them noticeable as Tabitha continued to grip a fistful of her hair whilst resting her wrist on the top of her head mockingly. She had no energy to fight back; the strength she had found earlier had disappeared long ago leaving her feeling empty and weak.

"Come along." Tabitha spoke; she could hear the grin in her voice.

Alena stumbled in front of Tabitha as she turned them both and pushed her forwards. She risked opening her eyes to see that everyone was now watching them, the two sides began to party from each other and walk to their original sides to watch what was about to happen. She could see the sadistic smiles on the dark ones faces as they realised that they had won whilst the rogues looked as if they were smiling as well. They were all covered in blood, dirt and sweat from the fights that they had all taken part in and Alena felt her stomach churn at the sights of bodies lying on the ground, unmoving. She wasn't sure if they were dead but they most likely were.

She looked at those that had stood behind her, those that had fought alongside her when they weren't forced to. She could see their expressions clearly; some looked angry and murderous while others looked heartbroken and worried. She couldn't look on the face of her loved ones; she didn't think she would be able to cope with seeing their faces as they watched her die.

Death. It was strange to think that she had feared death but now that she was facing it she wasn't scared or frightened as she thought she would be, she was clam. She knew that the end was soon, the suffering she had been through and the pain that she had caused others would soon be over and everything would fall into place as it should. She had no doubt that Tabitha was about to take her heart from her body and claim her powers which would make the decision down to her.

She remembered the nightmare that she had had when she found out about her being the prophecy. She had seen what the world would become if she would chose wrongly, she had seen how dark and cruel the world would become and she briefly wonders if Tabitha would turn the world in the same place but knew better than to think Tabitha was anything like her. She knew that Tabitha was after the power, the respect and greed and knew that she would do everything in her power to get that but she wouldn't enslave anyone. Tabitha would allow everyone to run free whilst the dark ones terrorised the human population all the while she would laugh and watch. The world was about to become a dark place but it wouldn't be as dark as it would be if she was to choose wrongly.

"Smile guys," Tabitha spoke cheerily as they stopped directly in between the two sides, her grip on Alena hair never loosening as she turned in a circle to show everyone that she had won, "today is a day that will go down in the history books the day that the dark ones took over."