Chapter Twenty One.

Chapter Twenty One.

When Alena woke the next morning she felt the best she had since she could remember. She had actually been able to sleep and hadn't spent the night tossing and turning with he dreams turning into nightmares making it impossible for her to get back to sleep when she awake from fright.

Last night after Samuel had finally cooked them both a pasta salad they had gone into the living room which seemed over crowded with everyone piled in. No one spoke of what had happened instead every made small talk whilst laughing and teasing each other. She had watched how her grandparents had joined in the conversations and even made small talk with her.

She didn't know how she felt about them. She had been brought up to not judge a book by its cover but after what she had heard about what they had done to her mum she couldn't help the resentment she felt towards them but she had tried to engage in conversation with them. It was too early for her to decide whether or not she liked them but they hadn't been the evil witches that she had been expecting. They were gentle and sad and spoke to her as if she was a delicate flower, she could tell that they were sorry for what they had done and that they hated themselves for what they had done. Everyone deserved a second chance and them being there when she woke up proved that no matter how much her mum lost because of them she still loved them. She was proud of her mum for allowing them to come into their home as any normal person would have flipped them off and told them where to go.

Alena felt a smile slip on her face as she remembered how she had laughed and joked with Daniel and Dean. She was relieved and happy that they had decided to be her best friend once again even after what she had done, she didn't know what she would have done if they had told her where to go. She hadn't realised how much she missed there childish ways until they weren't talking. They had changed her life so much since the day that she had knocked into Daniel in the corridor and fallen to the ground.

Her lips tingled as she remembered the heated kiss that she and Samuel had shared once they returned to her room later in the evening; she blushed as she thought of how soft his lips were as they had pressed against her own. She knew that her lips were red and slightly swollen but it was worth it.

She threw the covers back and away from her body as she slowly sat and stood from her bed, her hands balled into fists as she stretched her arms high above her head, a groan escaping her lips as she padded to her bathroom with a tired yawn escaping her lips.

She knew that today would be a lot better than the past week had been at school. She hadn't heard from Lucy all weekend even though she had texted and called her. She missed her best friend and she owned her an explanation as to what had been going on.

She washed her hair and body before wrapping a towel around her and heading over to the mirror where she whipped away the steam that had gathered on the mirror. She looked a lot better, the purple bags under her eyes had all but disappeared as she now longer looked deathly pale and a slight flush had gathered on her cheeks, she didn't look as skinny as she had. She looked like herself again as she smiled before brushing her teeth and walking into her bedroom to get change and dry her hair.

She ran her fingers through her now dry hair as its fell in soft waves down her back, her blue eyes shinned, looking bluer than normal as her black eyes lashes framed them. She looked over her appearance dressed in casual clothing as she pulled the coat further around her body. She grabbed her bag from where she had packed it the night before and skipped down the stairs. She heard voice coming from the kitchen as she walked through to see her mum and dad sat at the table while Daniel sat on the kitchen stole by the island with a cup of what looked like tea in his hand while he joked with her parents. She raised an eyebrow at the all as she dropped her bag to the floor and headed over to make herself some breakfast.